Chapter 56: Graves

"Lucy?" I slowly sat down on the bed next to her and ran my hand through her hair

"Mhm." She murmured into her pillow and opened her eyes.

"I need to go somewhere and I'll be back late so you'll stay with Aunt Luna today. Don't forget you have class today." I leaned over and kissed her forehead. "Did you understand a single word that came out of my mouth?"

"Yes." She rubbed her tired eyes with her hands. "Aunt Luna will be watching over me today because you're going to work."

Not to work, but that's okay.

"And you have classes." I laughed. "Get some more sleep." I ran my hand through her hair and stood up. "I'll be back as soon as possible."

I stopped by Odin who was lying by the door guarding her. I stroked him and whispered to him to watch her.

"Dad." I turned at the door when I heard her.

"Yes, princess?" I raised an eyebrow.

Lucy smiled and blew me an air kiss, which I caught in my hand and held to my heart. "I love you."

"I love you more." I walked out of her room with a smile and closed the door behind me.

I don't know what I would do if I didn't have her.

*****

When I got off the plane five hours later, I got in my car and headed downtown to the store.

I stopped by Lily's, which is a flower shop.

I walked in and the bell rang above the door, causing the elderly woman behind the counter to turn to me from the flowers.

Her gray hair was tied up in a high bun, but small strands of hair fell in her face. She was wearing a brown apron with the name of the flower shop written on it.

"Welcome to Lily's, how can I help you?" She smiled at me.

"I have flowers ordered here for the name Acker." I walked closer to her.

"Oh yes. Stephen, can you come help us?" As soon as she said that, a guy who looked like he could be her son started approaching us. "Those three bouquets in the back. Could you bring them, I can't pick them up."

"Of course." He smiled and went somewhere behind her.

"I have to say, I've never made a bouquet like yours. And you ordered three of them." She laughed.

"I'm sure they are beautiful." I took my wallet out of my back pocket and pulled out a hundred. I dropped it in a glass jar as a tip.

"Oh my god, thank you." The woman clutched her chest. "That's really generous."

"It was my pleasure." When I said that, the same guy who was here, came back with three huge bouquets.

"Stephen, help him load them into the car."