Chapter 54: Decision

I need at least half an hour for everything

I need at least half an hour for everything. Good luck.

I read the message from Luna and put the phone back in my pocket.

"What is Luna doing anyway?" Nyx asked as she closed the trunk of the car from which she took out a bag full of weapons.

"Nothing you need to know." That's a minor lie, but I'll keep that to myself.

"We have to go. My contact says we don't have much time." Charles came out from behind the car.

"Let's get this over with." Nyx looked at me with a smile and slung her bag over shoulder as she left.

"Be careful." I looked at Charles. "I know you'll never forgive me, but after this, can we start over?"

"Go. You don't have much time. And neither do I." I turned my back on him and started walking when I felt a hand on my wrist.

"I'm really sorry about all of this."

"Me too." I yanked my hand out of his and continued walking. I didn't turn around to see if he was still standing there. It would distract me.

After a few minutes of walking, I saw a tall metal fence in front of me. There were cameras and sensors at every meter in the treetops.

A huge gray building in the middle of nowhere faded beyond the gate. Women at every turn, like goddamn ants.

It was teeming with white snakes. Frederik is ready, that's for sure.

But he is not the only one.

It's one thing to threaten me. But put Killian or Lucy in your mouth and we'll have a problem.

He crossed a line he really didn't want to cross.

By the end of today, he'll regret ever touching them.

No one takes what's mine and gets out alive.

Two women were already waiting for me in front of the gate, high enough to be impossible to climb over. They searched every part of my body for any weapons, but found none.

The metal gate opened and with the two of them behind me, I stepped into the territory of the white snakes.

I noticed the looks I was getting. I know many of the women here. Or rather knew.

Four other women joined us at the building. "He won't risk anything, will he?" I laughed and went inside.

They led me through a long corridor to the elevator, which we entered.

"There's still time to turn and run. You don't have to die."

I felt like I was talking to myself. Can they even hear me?

"This isn't going to end well, you know that. Run before it's too late." I tried to warn them, but they didn't listen. "All right." I breathed out hard. "It's your choice."