Chapter 14: "Ouch"

"So we're not going to talk at all about where you've been all night? I've been waiting for you, you know that?"

I regretted the moment I got out of the shower. Luna stood opposite the door, leaning against the wall, her arms folded across her chest.

"What do you want me to say?" I slipped past her with a towel on my head.

"I don't know, maybe the truth?" She followed me into the living room.

"I met an old friend." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Eris." She said disappointedly. "You don't have any other friends besides me."

"Ouch?" I frowned at her.

"It is not my fault." She put her hands in a defensive gesture and walked over to me as I sat down on the couch. She slowly sat down next to me and rested her head on my legs while looking at me. "You know I love you, but it's just the way it is."

"I got into a little trouble, that's all."

That is, if almost visiting heaven counts as a small problem.

"Normally I would have believed it if it wasn't for you."

This is starting to be an uncomfortable conversation, but only for me. "And will you tell me what Theo was doing here?" She immediately looked somewhere other than at me, and I knew I had won this time.

"I don't know where he came from." She looked at me innocently. "It's a good thing he was here, isn't it? He saved us."

"That still doesn't explain why he was here."

Luna mumbled something under her breath, but she couldn't be understood at all.

"Can you speak louder?"

"He came to tell me that he still... ."

"Don't even dare to finish that sentence." I interrupted her. "What the hell Luna? He broke your heart."

"I know, but..." She stopped and started playing with her fingers. "I love him, Eris."

"I can buy you a dog if you want someone to love."

"Ha-ha-ha." She sat down and stayed next to me. "Eris I..." She didn't finish again.

"Luna, why do you have remorse and guilt written all over your face? What have you done?" I frowned at her.

She muttered something under her breath again.

"Luna." I warned her.

"I gave him another chance."

"Luna!" I screamed. "You told me you would never go back to him."

"Look, you can't blame me. I really love him. You don't know what it's like."

Ouch. That hurt a little.

"And neither do you. He's your first boyfriend and everything else, you don't know what you're feeling."