Chapter 27: The coffee shop

Sipping coffee and enjoying the peace, I've been sitting in a small establishment for about an hour

Sipping coffee and enjoying the peace, I've been sitting in a small establishment for about an hour. People came and went, always ringing that pesky bell above the door.

When I heard it again, I looked up from the table and shifted my gaze to the person walking through the door.

A smile immediately appeared on my face, but I hid it before he noticed me.

He looked around the entire cafe until finally his eyes fell on me. He started walking in my direction until he sat opposite me with a heavy sigh.

"Coffee?" I asked him, but it just seemed to turn him off.

"Coffee?" He snorted. "Are you serious? Where the hell have you been? I've been looking for you for two days."

"Can you calm down Killian? You're drawing attention to us." I said when I noticed a few people turned to us.

"I thought something happened to you. I was at your apartment and I couldn't find you anywhere. You didn't have your things anywhere and Luna couldn't reach you either. You didn't pick up the phone. What were you thinking? Will you tell me what's going on?"

"If you calm down." I crossed my arms over my breasts.

He closed his eyes in frustration and clenched his jaw before speaking again. "What is going on?" He said more calmly. "Why did you run away?"

"I didn't run away. I'm here after all, aren't I?" I frowned. "I have no plans to run away. At least not now."

"And that's supposed to mean what?"

"Okay, I'll put it this way. I had a visitor. A non-friend from white snakes."

"Non-friend?"

"Let me finish, okay? She told me to stay away from your family. That means the white snakes know about you. When the management knows about someone, it's not for nothing. I was told to not get close to you or anyone in your family, so that's exactly what I did. I wouldn't risk your family's lives without your knowledge."

"Then why did you text me?"

"Because I found this on me." I rolled up my sleeve and showed him the bandage. "I had a tracking device under my skin. They put it there when I was sometimes out. That's how they always found me. I didn't know about it and honestly, I never even thought about it."

It must be because I believed them. I guess I couldn't have been more naive.

"Did you cut it out?"

"I won't say it didn't hurt, but it was worth it. I left it in Luna's apartment so they think I'm there."

"That's why you wanted to meet here."

"Exactly." I smiled. "Until now, they were two steps ahead of me. Now they don't even realize I've overtaken them. But I need your help if I want it to stay that way."