Chapter 46: Russian🔥

Spend tonight with me and I'll prove to you that you have nothing to be jealous of

Those are the words stuck in my head all evening.

I couldn't sleep, and I couldn't even go to see Killian. I promised Lucy that I would stay with her. I have a feeling that even though she likes it here, she doesn't feel at home here. And what I fear the most is that she isn't feeling safe here.

I pushed all thoughts away and looked at Lucy, who was curled up next to me with Odin at her feet.

I slowly pulled off the cover and stood up. "Watch her." I whispered to Odin who raised his head at my movement.

I carefully closed the door so as not to wake her and headed to the kitchen for water.

Halfway through I realized that all I had to do was go to the bathroom and drink from the sink, but since I already got up.

As I walked past Killian's office, I saw a light coming from behind the half-open door.

Don't go there, Lyssa. It's a bad idea. Just go get some water and return to Lucy.

If these are my thoughts, can anyone tell me why the hell am I walking right up to the door and knocking on it?

As I opened the door, I saw Killian behind the desk. He looked up at me and smiled when he noticed it was me. "Why are you not sleeping?"

"Why aren't you?" I walked up to him to see what he was working on at such an hour.

"Would you believe me if I said I was waiting for you." He laughed, and when I was close enough to him, he grabbed my hand and pulled me to a chair behind him. "Hi." He kissed me when I was already sitting on him.

"Hi." I laughed. "And no, I wouldn't believe you. I see these papers." With my right hand I reached for what I thought were papers, but they were photos. And not the kind I wanted to see at night before going to bed. "If this is anything like porn for others, we need to have a serious conversation." I held up one of the photos. "What the hell is this?" I frowned.

"I'm pretty sure that's a piece of leg."

"You dont say." I rolled my eyes and took another photo from the table. Another limb, awesome.

There were dozens if not hundreds of them around the table. Legs, hands, genitals, entrails and everything possible. It was brutal. To make matters worse, each head had an inscription on it. On the forehead more precisely.

"So you're going to explain it to me or I'm supposed to guess it. And take note that whatever I guess will make me take Lucy and run away right this second."

"I actually need your opinion on this. Would you form an alliance with someone who did this?" He nodded his head at the table.

"Yes." I answered immediately. "If one person did this, you don't want to have that person against you."