Chapter 35: Trust

"Kai

"Kai." I carefully closed the door, behind which Lyssa was sleeping.

Thank goodness he was passing by so I didn't have to look all over the house for someone.

"Shit, what the hell happened to you?" He frowned and walked closer to me. "Were you there all night?" He looked at the door behind me.

"I need you to look after her for a while. If anything happens, call me. It won't be long, I just need to shower and get her food."

"And when was the last time you slept or ate?" He grabbed my shoulder. "You should rest."

"I'll be fine. Just watch her. Could you do that?"

"Yes, of course. Take your time, I'll take care of her." He tried to smile and took his hand off my shoulder. He walked past me and quietly entered her room, closing the door behind him.

I breathed heavily as I started walking to my room.

I didn't sleep all night. I coulnd't. The feeling that I wouldn't wake up if she needed me kept me awake. I just closed my eyes and listened to her breathing.

Every hour she looks worse and worse. She muttered something under her breath, squeezed my hand hard and dug her nails into my skin, on which is still visible.

She woke up screaming a couple of times, but I immediately calmed her down.

Luna was with her once, when she noticed that I had no plans on leaving her, she assured me that she is going to get something from Nyx.

But if my plan works, Nyx won't be needed.

Before I got into the shower, my cell phone started ringing. I picked it up and Simon spoke from the other side.

"I have his number, I already sent it to you." As soon as he spoke, a message beeped.

"Thank you, I owe you one." I said tiredly.

"Are you okay? You sound weird."

"A little tired but I'll be fine. I was just about to go take a shower, do you need anything else?" I ran my hands over my face.

"I take it you don't have time to meet now, but when you do, call me. Long time no see."

"Sure, see you later." I hung up and opened his message. I dialed the number and waited for him to pick it up.

I'm not in the mood to argue with him, I have a shower waiting for me. He either helps or he doesn't. If not, I don't know what I have left.

"Yes." I heard his voice from the other side.

"Charles Murphy?"

"Who is asking?"

"We have a mutual acquaintance. We met at her apartment after she was injured." On the other side, I heard a rustle and a door close, and only then did he speak again.