Chapter 36: Hate

"Look who finally woke up

"Look who finally woke up."

And I thought I knew how to pretend to be asleep.

"How did you know?" I raised my head to him, which was resting on his chest.

"Maybe it will be because of that hand." He nodded his head at my hand, which by some miracle got under his shirt and ran over his stomach.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I smiled but left my hand exactly where I had it.

"Sure." He laughed. "You look better. How are you feeling?"

"Like I slept for two years and my legs separated from my body." I said into his chest.

"And how well do you remember what was happening around you?"

"It's mostly scraps of images and no sound even. So I'd say not much." But what I do know is that Charles was here. That was the first thing I remembered. And the second was Lukas. If Killian hadn't come, I don't know what would have happened to me.

"Wait, so you don't remember what you told me?" I heard in his voice that he was smiling.

"Um, what did I tell you?" I slowly looked up at him.

"Nope." He tried to hold back his laughter. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." He bit his lip, stifling another laugh.

"Killian, what did I say?" I took my hand out from under his shirt and sat down.

"They were your last wishes so I'll keep them to myself."

"Killian Acker, what did I say?" I reached for the pillow and hit him with it.

"Looks like you won't find out." He didn't even have time to finish and the pillow flew towards him again. At that moment, he started laughing non-stop. He even grabbed his stomach with one hand, as if it started to hurt after a while.

"It's not funny!" I rose to my knees and stretched myself back with a pillow. But I didn't anticipate that the pillow would pull me down with it, so I landed directly on Killian, who immediately fell silent. At least it silenced him, right?

"Your strength is returning. I don't know about your stability though."

"Maybe it was my plan. It silenced you, didn't it?" It certainly wasn't my plan, but it's not the worst.

I mean look at me, I'm on Killian.

"You really do look better." I felt his hand on my cheek and he pushed a strand of hair away from my face and put it behind my ear.

We're way too close for him to touch me like that. This is going to go badly. Or good. Really good.

"You don't look the worst either."

I smiled, and he did as well.

"Killian." I said breathlessly as our faces started to come closer.

Was this my plan? I hope so.