Chapter 67: Memory

"Ouch

"Ouch." Kai, Killian's brother, who I didn't even know he had but looked familiar when I saw him, hissed in pain.

“It can't hurt that much." I put the cloth with disinfectant on the table. "You're done. You're welcome." I straightened up and started cleaning the bloody rags from the table.

"Where's Killian?" He stood up, which obviously hurt him. No wonder. It is quite possible that he has a broken rib. Maybe more than one.

"Where could he be? Locked in the study."

"And you don't care?"

I exhaled heavily and turned to him. "What do you expect me to do? There's nothing I can do."

"It's about Lucy. If there's nothing you can do, you'll find something. You're sitting here instead."

"Again, you're welcome. If you've already forgotten, I treated your wounds."

"That won't mean anything if something happens to Lucy. Truth? Whatever happens to her will be on you." He turned and started walking away. I did nothing to stop him. It's not worth it.

"Everything all right?" A man appeared in the doorway.

"Theo, right?" He nodded. "Yes, peachy." I faked a smile.

"Luna and Killian are trying to find Lucy. They also called Nyx, but even that won't be enough. You know very well they need you."

"Me?" I snorted. "You do realize that this is happening because of me, right? Everyone knows, but only Kai decided to say it out loud. So if you think they need me, you should start going to therapy. I can even arrange someone for you. " I turned my back to him.

"Doesn't it bother you in the slightest? That something might happen to her?"

I clenched my jaw and grabbed the edge of the table. "What do you want me to do? Run off to find her and kill everything in my path?"

"For example."

I snorted. "If only it were as easy as you all make it out to be." I pushed myself away from the table and walked over to him. "My advice if Jocelyne has her? You'll never find them in time."

I slipped past him and walked away.

This is my fault, but there is nothing I can do.