Chapter 24: Shock

Before I started talking again, I ate a little more of the soup, which was the best I've ever eaten

Before I started talking again, I ate a little more of the soup, which was the best I've ever eaten. "As you heard, he raised me. At one point I'd even call him father, but you saw how much I love him now."

"Oh yeah, I saw that."

"He's one of the main people in white snakes, and also the one who brought me to them. How lucky I am." I said sarcastically. "Because of him I grew up in white snakes and became the person I am today. He was here because you can't just leave white snakes."

"Even though I don't like him, he seemed interested in you."

"Never trust the white snakes. Every single one is a manipulator. They play on your emotions until you break."

"Then why should I trust you?" He asked and I kept quiet.

He's right. "Maybe you shouldn't." I don't even know what I'm capable of anymore. After all, I go to a therapist. "I almost killed your brother the first time we met. That should have been reason enough not to trust me, don't you think?"

"That wasn't the first time we met."

"Yes it was." What is he talking about?

"You stole my laptop a few years ago."

"And what would I do with your laptop?"

"I'm sure it was you." He smiled. "Those eyes haunted me at night."

"I'm going to have to disappoint you Killy, I've never been to LA." And the moment I finished saying it, I regretted saying anything. Somebody kill me.

"I never said anything about LA." The smile on his face got bigger.

After the awkward silence, which probably only I felt, since Killian was smiling, I was saved once again by the ringing of the phone, this time.

I could tell by Killian's expression that this was something serious. And when he got up and took all his things and left, I think it was confirmed.

I wonder what's that about.

Not long after that, the doctor showed up and gave me about a million medications and told me to exercise as little as possible for a few more days. He wrote down everything I needed on paper so I wouldn't forget it, and was kind enough to put everything Killian had brought in the fridge.

I thought about whether I should call him, but it would be useless.

When the doctor had already left and I was left alone, I decided to have a nap. Half an hour would be enough for me. Then I can do something meaningful.

*****

I woke up less than half an hour later, to the ringing of my mobile phone.

When I checked it, I found three missed calls from Luna. She called a few minutes ago. How come I didn't hear the phone ring before?