Chapter 60: Only one believes

"Hi Theo, how have you been? Why don't you take a break from your long flight and say hello to your girlfriend? That would be wonderful, thank you all so much

"Hi Theo, how have you been? Why don't you take a break from your long flight and say hello to your girlfriend? That would be wonderful, thank you all so much." Theo said as he dropped the bags from his shoulders to the floor. "Five minutes would be enough for me."

Luna quickly ran past me and hugged Theo tightly. She said something, but I wasn't close enough to hear what.

"Hello Theo, how have you been? Good? That's good, rest for a while. Nyx, study." I nodded my head at her.

"How good to be home." He exhaled heavily.

"We will talk later." He nodded and I headed for Nyx. I closed the door behind me. "What problem?"

"We need to find Charles as soon as possible."

"Nyx, speak. Now."

"Maybe it's bullshit. Maybe I'm wrong and..."

"Nyx." I said sternly.

"If she hit her head in the explosion, maybe that's why she doesn't remember us. But what if she got out of that building and still knew who we were? That got me thinking and I remembered something about the white snakes. They were working on one project that would make us better fighters and be better overall. At the end of this project we would only be left with certain memories and..."

"Are you telling me she was literally brainwashed?" She must be wrong. Please let her be wrong.

"They could have taken away the memories that made Lyssa, well Lyssa and...."

"And that's why she thinks she's Eris." I finished for her.

No. No. No. No. This cannot be happening.

"But I could be wrong, it might not be true. What if...what are you doing?" She asked as I walked past her to my desk and opened a drawer from which I took out my cell phone.

"I'm trying something." I left the study and headed straight for Lyssa, down the stairs. I opened the metal door and entered.

It hurts to look at her. Tied to a chair. It shouldn't be like this.

"So many visitors. Who else comes to see me today?" She reached forward to see behind me.

I slammed the door behind me and walked closer to her. "You think you've never met us, don't you?"

"I don't just think so, I know I didn't ." She snorted. "Trust me, I'd remember you. You're a real asshole."

"So how do you explain this?" I played the voicemail on my cell phone and turned on the speaker.

"Hi Killy. It's me Lyssa. Which you probably know. You probably hate me. And I don't blame you. I would probably hate you too."

I watched her smile slowly fall as she heard her own voice.