Chapter 50: Farewell

"So what did we learn?" Lyssa handed me a glass of water

"You enjoy my suffering too much." I took the glass and drank.

I feel like my head is going to explode. This is why I don't drink. I don't know what I even thought.

"That's karma since I was worried about you all day. You could have at least texted me." She wanted to sit next to me on the bed, but I grabbed her hand and pulled her to me. I straddled her on top of me. "You're not in a state to have s..."

"But at least we can sit here like this." I interrupted her. "Even this is enough for me."

"Really?" She smiled and ran her fingers through my hair. "I wanted to give you a head but whatever you say."

"Can I take it back?"

"Unfortunately, no." She laughed. "That's what you get for cutting me off, Killy. It's time you learned to stop doing that."

"I'll write it down." I looked into her eyes and got lost in them for a moment. Those beautiful green eyes changed my whole life. How did that happen?

"I was really worried when I didn't hear from you." She ran her hand over my cheek. "And then the bartender called and..."

"Bartender?" I interrupted her. "Was he attractive?"

"You're funny." She punched me in the chest. "And you interrupted me again."

"Sorry. It won't happen again."

"I don't trust you for some reason." She laughed. "Why might that be?"

"I have no idea." I leaned towards her and kissed her with a smile on my lips. "What time is it?" I pulled away after a while.

"Lunch will be in a moment. But if you don't feel like being cooped up in the dining room with your loud family, I'll bring your food upstairs."

"What did I do to deserve you?" I kissed her again.

"You promised me orgasms." She laughed.

*****

I don't even know how this day went by so quickly. One second it was the morning I was spending with Lyssa and suddenly it's evening and I'm locked in the study.

"Yes?" I lifted my head from the table when someone walked into the study and said my name. "Kai. Everything okay?"

"You should talk to Finn." I could see in his expression that something was wrong.

"Has something happened?" I stood up from the table and headed towards him.

"He's in the garden. Go talk to him."

I didn't hesitate and walked past Kai straight into the corridor and headed through the back entrance to the garden.

"Finn?" I opened the door and my eyes fell on the stairs where he was sitting. He didn't even turn to me, even though I know he heard me.