Chapter 21: Cooking

"I have no idea who you hired to put that file together, but he should give you your money back

"I have no idea who you hired to put that file together, but he should give you your money back." Looking at the folder in my hand, I stormed into Killian's office. "I learned more from Luna than this." I walked a little further into the room, still looking at the papers.

I only looked up when I heard someone clearing his throat.

Killian sat in his seat and glared at me. After that I shifted my gaze to the guy across from him and realized why he welcomed me like that.

I should have knocked.

"Eris. Simon." He pointed to the guy in front of him. "Simon. Eris." He pointed at me and exhaled heavily.

"We've met before." Simon said.

"Oh yeah." I smiled. "I didn't know then what I know now."

"Eris." There was a warning in Killian's voice.

I have not forgotten what Abraham said. Killian may have let it go, but there's something I don't like about him.

"Just kidding." I'm not.

"I'll see you off Simon. We'll meet some other time."

"Of course." He said with a fake smile.

Killian stood up and started walking towards the door. He walked past me and gave me a nasty look. Simon got up right behind him, but I stopped him before he left the room.

"I know what kind of person you are." I maintained eye contact with him.

"And I know exactly who you are." He leaned into my ear. "Stay away from this family." He slipped past me and followed Killian.

Guess we won't be BFFs.

"Next time knock." Killian finally returned and closed the door behind him.

I have already found a place opposite his and spread my legs on the table.

"Next time pick up the phone." I snorted. I called him five times this morning. Not once did he call back.

He sat down across from me and didn't take his eyes off my feet on the table. He didn't say anything, but it was enough for me to put my legs down.

"Did you come to scare away my visit, dirty the table, complain about my people or is there something else?"

"Well, first of all, I didn't scare anyone, he left voluntarily. Second, the table is obviously clean." I pointed to where my feet were. There wasn't even a scrap. "Third, I'm not complaining about your people, I'm just giving you advice. And fourth, I'm here for this." I threw the photo I took out of the folder onto his desk. It's the same one Luna told me about.

"What about it?" He frowned and looked at the photo.

"I am eighty-seven percent sure that those people know exactly who is responsible for the attacks on your family." I smiled victoriously.