Chapter 10

You wake up the next morning and Sora is still asleep next to you. You stretch and sit up to check the time. It is 6:20 which means in about 10 minutes your mom will come wake you up. You tap Sora on the shoulder.
You: Sora wake up
His eyes open and you smile
You: You have to get up and go before my mom sees you
He nods and gets out of bed and grabs his phone. You get up too to open the window for him. He plants a kiss on your cheek and you smile.
You: See you at school
He climbs out the window and you close it behind him then return to your bed to look as if you were sleeping. About 5 minutes later your mom comes in to "wake you up"
Your Mom: Good morning sweetie
You don't acknowledge her much but you hear her set something on your nightstand.
Your Mom: I decided there's no need to ground you, you're right, you're growing up and things happen, i just want you to be honest with me so i can keep you safe okay?
You turn over to face her and nod your head.
You: I'm sorry for what I said yesterday, you know about dad
Your Mom: It's okay you were just upset
You smile and she kisses your forehead.
Your Mom: Start getting ready for school okay?
You nod your head and she exits your room, shutting the door behind her.

*AT SCHOOL*
Today Casey isn't there so you wonder who you'll sit with at lunch. As you walk the hallway you try to look for Sora. You finally find him but he's talking to his friends from football so you decide not to bother him. Instead you just go straight to first period. The day feels like a drag as you sit through your classes and listen to your teachers go on and on about nonsense. You're relieved when it's finally lunch time. You buy something to eat and on the way to your table you lock eyes with Sora. He motions for you to come over so you do.
You *quietly*: Hey
Sora: Hey
You stand there awkwardly and he looks at you with confusion.
Sora: Sit
He motions towards the empty spot next to him so you sit down. He slips his hand around your waist and you get butterflies in your stomach. One of the boys looks you up and down.
Boy: Who's she?
Sora: Don't be rude, her name is Y/N and Y/N this is Avi, Noah, Ian, Devin, Austin, and Kobe
You smile
You: Wow a lot of names
Noah: So are you new?
Devin: Are you a fucking idiot? of course she is.
Noah: You don't know that
Noah looks at you
Noah: So are you?
You: Yeah I am
You smile
Noah: Where'd you move from?
You: North Carolina
Kobe: Who even lives in north carolina
Sora punches him in the arm and mouths the words "i'm sorry" to you. You shake your head to let him know its no big deal. The rest of lunch feels like a Q&A session but you're okay with that. After lunch you and Sora walk to 5th period together
Sora: So...what do you think of the group?
You: They're a bit...much but they're nice I guess
He giggles and you smile
You: Thank you for letting me sit with you today
Sora: Of course, you can sit with me whenever you want, Casey too
You: I don't know if Casey would want to
Sora: It doesn't hurt to try
You smile at him as you guys enter chem class.