𝟑𝟎. unexpected death

WHITE FLAG

chapter thirty : unexpected death
{ season two - episode eleven & twelve }

chapter thirty : unexpected death{ season two - episode eleven & twelve }

GLENN AND KLOE were sitting side by side on the campsite chairs that were outside. The pair, Lori, Andrea, Carol, Maggie and T-Dog were out there, patiently waiting for Rick to be finished with what he had to do.

He was executing Randall, yet all Kloe did was sit in a chair, letting it happen. She hadn't spoken to anyone since the meeting. She also hadn't seen Dale or Isabelle, so she guessed they were together.

A few twigs snapped and dead leaves crunched under Rick and Carl's feet, making everyone shoot their heads up toward the two. Glenn, Lori, and Maggie all stood up, and Lori walked over to her husband.

Everybody stayed in silence, gesturing to Rick to speak first. Kloe didn't even look up, she just continued staring at the ground. She didn't know why she was acting that way, but she was and no one could change her current emotion.

"We're keeping him in custody, for now," Rick informed, catching Kloe's attention. He darted his eyes across everyone, watching them evidently.

Glenn turned around and faced Kloe, noticing her mood change. Her expression wasn't different, but he could tell by her eyes that she was relieved. Andrea stood up from her chair, smiling widely, "I'm gonna find Dale," she said, looking at Carol before shifting her eyes over to Kloe, "Hopefully I'll find Isabelle on the way, too."

The young woman looked over at Andrea and briefly smiled and nodded. Andrea departed from the group as she went to do what she had just said. Lori stared across at her husband with a stoic expression, not pleased that her son was with his father. "Carl, go inside. Now, please."

The young boy reluctantly and hesitantly walked away, stepping inside his tent that him and his family were staying in. Glenn and Kloe's eyes flicked back and forth between the married couple. The Rhee once again turned back toward Kloe and noticed that she had stood up from her chair.

She signaled him to leave them be so they could chat privately, and so the two left them be. They both walked over to the Greene house, brushing shoulders occasionally. "Are you mad at me?" Glenn questioned, still confused as to why Kloe was so quiet.

She turned her face to the side to face him and furrowed her brows. "No, why?" she replied, scratching the back of her head.

"It's just-" he paused, letting out a breath, "you're very quiet. Like you're never usually this quiet, and it's... I don't know? Different?"

She faced back forward, staring into the air. She knew she had been awfully silent. She shrugged and shook her head, "I- I feel like I've disappointed Isabelle, you know? And Dale. Both of them thought I was better than that. Better than a person that allows someone to kill another. And, honestly, I don't know why I'm not exactly bothered about this whole thing."