4 - Take the blame

"What the fuck?" I heard, from the door.

Me and JJ turned quickly, separating our mouths from each other. When I saw the person that was in the door, I instantly regretted to let JJ in. I knew this was about to go down.

That person saw me and JJ, literally sucking each other. This wasn't good, at all. I didn't have a single idea how I was going to handle that. It has been two days that me and JJ we're "fuck friends" and I didn't knew if our relation could survive to this.

Rafe was the one standing in the door, and I was in underwear. I looked at JJ to see how he was reacting and I saw nothing but his jaw clench. Was he mad at me? Was he mad at himself? Everyone was silent.

"Rafe, it's not what it looks like." I begged. I did not want to loose him. I didn't know him much but I was sure he could be a good brother. I didn't want to do ruin it.

"It pretty much looks like you were about to fuck that pogue!" he said.

"Technically, she can't fu-" JJ murmured. He stopped when I lightly punched his chest. It was not the time to joke.

"Rafe, please don't tell anyone." I pleased.

He looked at me with betrayal. Why couldn't I kiss a pogue? Sarah was dating one! Maybe he hoped I could be his best sister. I wanted to, but I wanted JJ too...

"Why shouldn't I? He was about to rape you!" He yelled.

"Dude, I would never do that to her." JJ said, lowering his voice as if he was hurt. I felt bad.

Rafe didn't loose another second. He walked to JJ and punched him in the face. What I saw traumatized me; blood. Another punch. And another one.

He took his collar and pushed him to the wall. Blood came out of JJ's nose and mouth, because he wasn't doing anything. He wasn't punching Rafe back. I had no idea of what I could do.

"Rafe stop, I wanted to!" I yelled. After that, he stopped, breathing heavily. I didn't know if JJ was dead or if Rafe just listened to me for once. No moves were made. Everything was paused for almost ten seconds.

He let JJ down, and came to me.

"I really wanted you to be different than Sarah." And after those words, he left. "Dad wants you downstairs in five minutes." he finished in the hallway.

Well, that went well.

After realizing what had just happened, I ran to JJ who was still bleeding, laying on my floor.

"Fuck, JJ why didn't you defend yourself!?" I said, grabbing a tissue on my nightstand. I walked to him, worried because he looked like he was used to it. I wiped the blood on his face carefully.

"I don't want to hurt your family. It would only make things worse." he said, suffering although he tried to hide it.

Why did he say that? We both know that my family doesn't like the pogues anyway. It wasn't gonna make this worse, was it? He could've died if I hadn't stop Rafe.

"You need to go..." JJ pleased. "I can take care of myself."

I couldn't leave him alone after that. I didn't understand why JJ didn't seem to bother that my own blood just beat him. JJ meant so much to me, but if I wouldn't go downstairs, I knew I'd lose him.

"JJ, I-"

"need to go, you need to go." Why the hell were his words hurting me that much? Why did it felt like a breakup?

"Please, JJ. You can't break this?" I pleased. Having the thoughts of loosing someone after two days was breaking me. I really thought he was different than the other guys...