7 - Take my hand

I WOKE UP to the sound of Wheezie opening my door. "JJ, shut up!" I yelled, throwing my pillow at the her. I opened my eyes and saw Wheezie looking at me with a weird look.

"Love is disgusting," she declared. Did she'd just implied that I love him? I didn't! No, me loving a guy was unthinkable. Not happening! Never.

Never.

"Shut your mouth. There's no love."

"Anyway, Dad wants us to have breakfast in twenty minutes. We have school, remember?" she said, leaving my room. 

I wondered why Wheezie would always get up so early. I never got up by myself. Sleeping was my soulmate. I dragged myself out of bed with a groan and looked at myself in the mirror. I was in my underwear, wondering how I'd ended up in bed last night. 

I couldn't remember coming back here. I looked at my desk and saw a note. I walked over to it, confused.

It was my pleasure to bring you back:) You're heavy, btw. -S

I was reassured that it was Sarah because I had no clothes but disappointed because it would have been cuter if it was JJ... No! I wasn't in love. 

No

Love was a sharp needle. It was dangerous. I shook my head, hoping this would dispel my thoughts, put on some clothes, and brushed my hair a little. But not enough; it was still very chaotic. I didn't care about that. Who could've possibly judged me? Sarah and Rafe probably got up at the same time I did.

----

What, the, fuck?

I went down the stairs and saw that everyone was already dressed. I was still in a tank top with shorts! Everyone looked at me. 

"Sweetie, you don't have the same agenda as we do!" Rose laughed. I didn't feel like joking. 

"I've been here for five days. Calm down." 

My mom didn't really care if I went to school or not; she was too occupied with work. As long as I had good grades, she didn't mind. Sometimes I wondered if she'd really cared about me at all. I was making food and buying it. At least she didn't need me to work too. I massaged my temples and sat at the table.

"So, did you have fun at John B's yesterday?" dad asked, placing a pancake on my plate. I took the maple syrup and poured some.

"John B's?" I asked. Not remembering I'd said I'd be at his. It really confused me because I wasn't used to lying. My mom didn't ask about my life or where I was. Maybe dad was better.

"Yes, you slept at his." 

All eyes were on me. Wheezie was confused, Rafe had that deep look, Rose and Ward were waiting for my answer, and Sarah was giving me those big eyes. I remembered my lie and quickly found a reply. 

"Uh yeah, I'm just tired... Yeah, I had a lot of fun. I stayed late, sorry." I still needed to know the boundaries and was a little afraid if I had to cross them. The difference between my lives was big, and I needed to learn them.

"It's okay honey, I'm glad you had fun." Rose smiled at me. 

I looked at. the time and we had to leave in thirty minutes. I still had to do my hair, get dressed and prepare my things. I really needed to put an alarm clock. 

"Shi-"

Everyone's gaze turned to me. 

"Shoot! I have to get ready. Sorry!" I ran up the stairs and finished my damn pancake.