10 - Cameron Maya

(After you read the chapter, look at the first picture, you could understand something that isn't written...:)

I FIGURED OUT that it would be better if I made new friends. This wasn't going to get better anytime soon, so why not move on? Yes, I knew it wasn't that easy, but I really wanted to try. So it came to pass that I threw Topper Thornton a small paper in English class and asked him if we could meet soon. 

When he saw my note, I saw a little grin appear on his face. Maybe I also saw JJ looking at us for a long moment, but I didn't really care...

I did, though.

Topper sent my note back to me, but added a little message, "There's a party at my house tonight. You should come :)" I didn't really know about parties, but new meant change, and that's what I wanted. I nodded at his direction and looked back at the class.

Faster than I could notice, I was back in my room looking at my full closet, which looked empty. I didn't really have many dresses. In fact, I only had two. It took me about ten minutes to decide. One was more casual, the other a bit bolder. 

The casual one seemed a little too casual for a party, so I went with the other, a short, tight white dress with an opening at stomach level. For the first time in a while, I actually felt pretty. I took a picture of myself in the bathroom mirror, but we didn't see my face, just my body. I posted it on Insta and went to Topper's house.

---

THERE WAS A lot of people in the house and I knew no one. I even thought I was lost. I noticed there were two living rooms, but I didn't see much of them because there were a lot of drunken teenagers. How could people drink this much? 

I wasn't really a drinker when it came to walking home. There was music playing in the background mixed with teenagers cheering and screaming. I found a room where the music was louder and everyone was dancing. 

A girl was grinding on a boy and girls were twerking. This was quite uncomfortable. I decided to go to another door, but suddenly a person ran into me. It was a boy and I'd no idea who he was.

"Shit, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?", he looked me up and down, but not sexually. He was worried. That made my fear of unknown people go away. I'd just met the boy and felt safe. He'd light, fluffy brown hair and clear green eyes. He didn't look drunk; in fact, he actually looked nice.

"Yeah, no, I'm good." I replied.

"Great." He kept his gaze on mine, giving me time to explore his eyes. They were really pretty. "What's your name?" he asked, his lips curved a little.

"Cameron." I said. He raised his eyebrows, making me realize I hadn't actually said my name. "Maya." I laughed. It was kind of embarrassing. Why were his eyes so distracting?  At this moment, I completely forgot about everything in my life. 

"My name is Charlie, but my friends call me Char." Why was he telling me that? "You can call me Char." Oh, I was his friend. I smiled at him and looked away.

"So, what are you-"

An arm wrapped around my neck and pulled me closer to that body. Topper's scent rose to my nose. 

"Maya, hey! I've been looking for you." I looked at him. "You should come with me and meet my group," he suggested, looking at Charlie. The two boys just kept looking at each other. After, a long and awkward moment, I finally decided to talk.