19 - Tease

I MOVED MY gun a little to the left and pulled the trigger. I shot at the spot that would only graze him. My mother had taught me how to use a rifle when I was just twelve years old.

I knew how to use a gun, but I didn't know how to ride a bike. It's not that funny when you think about it.

"Fuck, did you just shoot me?" Topper asked although it was a stupid question.

"No, I grazed you." I protested. "You shouldn't have hurt JJ."

I had tried to hide it, but when JJ was held down while he was being beaten, I was afraid. I saw that I'd lose him forever and never see him again. I was scared, and that vision was something I'd pay to never see again. I looked at my boyfriend and saw him grinning at me.

"Are you crazy, Maya?" Rafe stepped into the conversation. "You fucking shot my friend!"

"Take two steps away from Pope." I warned him, tilting my head.

I pointed the gun at Rafe, and I swear that was one of the few times I saw emotion on his face. Rafe was sad and scared. He was still holding Pope's arm so tightly that it hurt him, so I reloaded my gun. Part of me knew I couldn't do it, but I pretended I would.

I did it all for my friends.

"You want me to shoot you?" I asked. "Is that what you want? To die?"

"Pope deserves what we're doing to h-"

We all stopped talking and stepped back when the screen of the movies went on fire. I looked around for Kiara until I saw her backing away from the screen with a lighter in her hand.

I was so proud.

The fire spread all over the screen, burning every damn inch of it. We could feel the heat on our skin.

"Rafe, let go of Pope!" Kiara yelled. Rafe actually listened for once. Pope flopped down on the grass and gasped for air while JJ coughed his lungs out. It was so kahotic.

"Let's get outta here." Rafe called Topper.

Kiara walked to Pope to check on him when JJ walked towards me.

"Maya, are you okay? Does it hurt?" he put his hands on my shoulder, scanning my body.

"I'm fine, JJ." I rolled my eyes. "My knees hurt a bit and my face is still burning, but I'm fine." I added. I saw his brows furrow but did not pay attention to it. I was still mad. He'd hide something from me and it made my blood burn.

"Not gonna lie, that was fricking hot what you did." he smirked, finally speaking after a moment of silence.

I didn't answer, instead I called the others and we drove back to the chateau in silence. I sat down next to JJ, still holding his hand, even though I was angry, but only because I had an idea in my head of how to tell him.

---

I, Kie, John B, and JJ walked silently into the chateau. Pope had gone home to think. We'd had a hard night, and we were all exhausted. Well, almost all of us. I figured JJ wasn't tired at all as he pushed me against the wall as soon as he closed his bedroom door.

He put his lips on mine and took a grip of my waist. He was hungry, it didn't surprise me because earlier he'd been craving of me. I put my hand on his chest, took his shirt off and pushed him on the bed.

I crawled on top of him as he put both his hands of my ass. JJ kissed my lips and inserted his tongue in my mouth.

I really wanted him at this moment, but I had to remind myself he'd lied to me.