30 - Captured

My head hurt. I tried to hold it in my hands to make it go away, yet nothing seemed to help.

I was used to having these headaches. I mostly had them while living at my mom's. Feeling like I've woken up someplace other than your home. 

Wait.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was in what looked like a garage. The floor and walls were made of cement. A lightbulb was suspended from the ceiling, it wasn't turned on. To my left was a wooden door, and to my right was a small window.

As I sat there, trapped in this cold, dark room, I found myself drifting into a world of imagination to escape the harsh reality of my captivity. The walls seemed to close in on me, suffocating my hopes and dreams.

"Where am I?" I asked myself. Questions filled my head. Who would want to kidnap me? Why?

I imagined myself flying in the sky, with nothing but the wind beneath me. I could feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. For a moment, I forgot where I was and lost myself in the beauty of my own imagination.

But then reality came crashing back. I was still here, still trapped, still alone. The room felt smaller than ever.

I thought about memories of happier times. Of love and friendship. I smiled to these memories, desperate to hold on to anything that reminded me of who I was in between these four walls.

I looked at the door and thought about the possibilities of it being unlocked. I wondered what the outside world is like now. Is anyone looking for me? Do they even know I'm gone? Was John B still waiting for me? 

I tried to get up, but looked down and realized I was tied to a black chair. The realization hits me like a punch to the gut. 

The rope was so tight there was red marks on my arm. I stared at the ropes that bind my wrists, feeling them dig cruelly into my skin. 

"Fuck," my arms were starting to burn, the rope scratching on my cuts.

A tear fell at the realization that I wasn't gonna get out. 

"Well, well, well." I heard the door open. "Looks like someone's woken up." 

I couldn't see anything but a silhouette in the doorway. It was a man. 

Getting all the courage I could get, I spoke into the darkness, my voice trembling with fear and uncertainty. "Who are you?" I asked, the words barely more than a whisper.

"Want me to turn on the light?" 

I didn't say anything. I didn't want to look at him. Looking at the guy who would hurt me. 

"Just kill me already, okay? Don't make it long." I turned my head towards him.

"Oh love, I won't kill you."

The nickname was so familiar it gave me the urge to vomit. As the pieces of the puzzle slowly began to click into place, a sense of fear washed over me like a wave. Could it be? 

The light turned on. I squinted trying to adjust my eyes to the sudden brightness. And there, was the guy I thought I was done with.

"Well, not if you make the right choices."  Benjie said with a smile I never wanted to see again. He looked evil. 

"What do you want?" I tried to sound as calm as possible. 

A smirk played across his lips, sending a shiver down my spine. "I want you" he replied, his voice dripping with malice.

I started to cry. I felt my world crashing down on me. I saw him forcing me to stay with him and abusing me for the rest of my life. How could he reduce me to nothing more than an object to be possessed?