12 - We can try

I HAVE A fun story to tell you.

It was friday, three days after the incident. JJ hadn't talk to me yet, but he was certainly looking at me, a lot. It was Topper's friend's birthday, so he was having a party, which meant Topper'd invited me again. I went and drank a lot while I waited like an idiot for Charlie to show up, hoping we could talk and that he could drive me home.

He didn't show up, so I had no way to drive home. I wish I could say that wasn't true, but the closest persons I knew who lived near the house was JJ or John B. They were almost neighbors.

All right, hear me out. I was a drunk girl, I was mad as hell at John B because he was obviously mad at me, and I was vulnerable. I'd been thinking so much about what had happened on Tuesday, and I needed a place where I could at least get wifi or a ride home.

I could've walked, but it was raining, and that tight black dress I was wearing wasn't comfortable all wet.

So, that's how I ended up knocking at JJ Maybank's front door.

At this moment, I had totally forgot that the dude had an abusive dad and that he was probably staying at John B's. But hey, everybody makes mistakes!

I soon remembered that part and freaked out. Not to mention that the last time I saw his dad he'd almost kill us. Yes, I wanted to wait, but the longer I waited, the more nervous I got.

I thought it was odd that nobody was answering. I was about to either see Luke or JJ. I didn't even know which one was worse.

Who is knocking at the door at 11 pm? I was just about to go to sleep. Cut me some slack, dammit. Maya is at the door. Holy mother of God. Um, should I get that? No, I should not. I have the pogues, and I am totally fine with that. It's pouring outside. She's making it even harder than it already is. I am trying to get over this, us. She just had to show up, didn't she?

Someone opened the door. I recognized the familiar face.

There she is, those beautiful brown eyes. Her hair all wet. Oh, her outfit.

"Maya."

"Hi," I said, shyly. I was standing on his small porch pretty soaked. Seeing his face made me forget that I was cold as hell. He was so pretty. He looked at me up and down so slowly.

His eyes on my face, at my feet, up my legs, my hips, my breasts, and my eyes again.

I raised my brows and pointed to the inside of the house.

"Can I?"

I could've spent the whole day studying his face, but I still pretty much needed to get in.

I don't know if I can let her in, I feel like I won't be able to control myself. God, get a grip, JJ.

"Yeah. Yeah, come in." he agreed. I wondered what he was thinking about when he happened to see me walk into his front door.

As I entered the house, every memory of it came flooding back. The moment Luke told me he could fuck me, when I got hit by him. All of it. I shook the thoughts off my head and went to sit on the kitchen island.

"Is your dad here?" I asked.

"No. Um, I never would've let you come in if he was..." JJ instantly replied. I slightly nodded. He still didn't know why I was here. I thought it was for a ride, but I wasn't sure anymore.

"Where were you? How did you end up here when it's pouring outside." he moved his hand as he spoke.

"I was, um, at Topper's friend's house, and I thought Char- Sarah was going to drive me home, but it turns out no one can come and get me." I smiled. I'd almost said Charlie. Why did I stop myself, tho? I'd mentioned Topper and it was not that big of a deal. What was so different about Char?