23 - Truth or dare?

"That looks like a stone wall to me." JJ affirmed when we passed in front of a gray brick wall. We'd been following a map to get to a certain Parcel Nine since thirty minutes. John B said that the gold was there, near the water. So, we had to find water.

"Not the Crain house." John B complained.

"Are you kidding me?" 

They all seemed to know who the hell she was, but I didn't. We got out of the Twinkie and walked closer to the wall.

"Worst-case scenario." JJ added.

"Why did it have to be here, of all places?" Pope asked. Which made me frown my brows.

"Who is she?" I asked. 

"Mrs. Crain. I heard she buried her husband head on the property." My boyfriend turned to look at me seriously. I put my hand over my mouth, dramatically. 

We hopped over the wall and started walking in her yard. There was a path, but it was covered by all sorts of greenery. Stone statues were on our side and were freaking me out.

"Honestly, I don't really believe the stories of this place." John B tried to reassure himself. He was walking next to Pope. JJ was in the middle and I was next to Kiara. My sister had stayed home. Probably to hang out with our mom. 

JJ walked faster and wiggled his way between me and Kie. "Which story did you hear?" He asked her.

"The one where she killed her husband with an axe and that she've been holed ever since." 

JJ turned to look at the boys to make sure they were listening.

"On certain nights, when the moon is full, you can see her in the window." Kiara joked, shaking her hands in front of the blondie's face.  

"No, it's not funny. 'Cause it's all true!" 

"Aaaah." Kie whispered, still making fun of him. I had no idea who to believe.

"I swear to God, guys. I knew Hollis." JJ looked at us and looked away to be scared by another statue. "Jeez!" 

"Oh, we're going full karate, now." I laughed at him.

"Dude, how do you know Hollis Crain?" Pope asked.

"She was my babysitter, man. She told me all about it. Told me the truth about her mother." He explained. "So, as a kid, Hollis didn't believe the stories about her mother. Until that night," 

JJ was saying that as if it was the case of the century and that we would all be dead soon. It was giving me the urge to laugh, but I stopped myself.

"What night?" John B asked. 

"When she was six, she heard her parents arguing. She goes downstairs to see her mom wash her hands in a sink... full of blood."

We all looked at each other. 

"The next morning, her parents split up. Hollis noticed her mother going into the parlor constantly. In and out with plastic bags." JJ never stopped talking. "Weeks pass and Hollis decides to use to outhouse. And as she's using it, she looks down and sees her father's head looking straight back at her.

"God, you are so full of shit!" John B threw his head back and started walking fast towards the house.

"Wait, dude!" JJ yelled to make John B stop. "You sure you wanna do this? She's an axe murderer."

"I don't give a shit if she's an axe murderer, okay?"

Pope's eyes went wide. 

"Great. John B's on a suicide mission." I rolled my eyes.