✨CHAPTER VI✨

JENNIE'S POV

I don't know what he was doing here but by the look of his face it seemed something serious. Oh gooddd I don't want another problem. I try so hard getting you out of my mind but you always manage to bounce back into it and create problems for me. MR KIM TAEHYUNG for god's sake leave me aloneeee.

"Jennie dear, you are home at the right time." Dad said and everybody was staring at me like I was the main event or something.

"Yea dad. The party ended quick." I gave a short but quick reply.

"As you can already see we have guests, Mr Kim and Taehyung will join us for dinner today." Dad said in a happy tone.

OMG please nooo. I can't bear the sight of this person for even a minute. How am I supposed to do it for an hour or two ?

"That's great dad. I'll just go freshen up." With that I left for my room as quickly as possible.

ON THE OTHER HAND

"Do you really think Jennie will agree to this ?" Asked mom.

"Ofc she will darling don't worry. She's my dear daughter she won't go against my words." Dad said confidently.

"But what if she doesn't wanna get married right now ? What if she's not ready." Asked mom in a concerned tone.

"She's a grown up girl now. Besides she just graduated. She's more than ready for this." Dad replied.

"Okay dear but please don't force her into anything she doesn't wanna do." Mom requested.

"Ofc Darling I won't. Don't worry. And Taehyung is a really good man. We saw their chemistry at the party and Mr Kim himself came here all the way to ask for Jennie's and our consent. How can we decline such a wonderful proposal ?" Dad said while looking at Taehyung.

"Yes you are right but I just want our daughter to be happy as nothing comes before her happiness." Mom said.

Back to JENNIE'S POV

C'mon Jennie don't let him spoil your mood. Be happy, you'll soon get married to the love of your life and you'll never have to see this brat's face again.

AT THE DINNER TABLE

"Where is Mrs Kim, Lay ?" Dad asked.

"She just left for Australia with Jungkook." MR KIM replied.

"Do you have a franchise of your company at austrlia ?" I asked.

"Yes, we do. My brother whom you met at the party, handles it." Taehyung replied without wasting a second.

"Oh that's amazing. I've always wanted to live in Australia." I blurted out.

"I can make that happen if you want." He said in a whispery tone.

"Did you say something ?" I asked.

"Um nothing...." He replied sloppily.

"So let's talk about the important thing now." Dad said looking at me.

"Dad, what important thing are you talking about ?" I nervously asked.

I was getting hella nervous. Why was he looking at me like that ? Like he needed some kind of favour from me. Holy Jesus I had no idea of what was going on. Calm down Jennie, it must be related to some deal between Dad and Mr Kim.

"Jennie, as you know......" He bagan to speak in a serious tone and I gulped hard.

"As you know me and your mom are getting older now. You have to take responsibility of your own life. You just graduated today and now have become a big girl. I want you to have a safe and secured life even after we die." I don't like where this is going already.