✨CHAPTER VIII✨

"Who was it ?  Are you getting married to someone else ?" Kai asked with tears in his eyes.

I froze at that point. My brain stopped working. This wasn't how he was supposed to know. I should have told him the moment I saw him. Now he'll think that I am cheating on him. God this is so complicated.

"Kai whatever I am about to tell you, please listen to it carefully." I said holding his hand.

He just kept staring at me while being an emotional mess.

"I was about to tell you everything beforehand, but did not have the courage to. This was not supposed to happen. And if you are wondering that I am cheating on you, then no I'm not. I love you and I'll never do that." I said not moving my eyes from his.

"I asked a simple question Jennie and I don't want any explanation. ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED TO SOMEONE ELSE ????" His tone was scary and serious.

"Kai please don't get........." I said now having fear in my eyes.

"ANSWER ME JENNIE" He said in a softer but dominating tone.

"Yes I am getting married to KIM TAEHYUNG the CEO of KIM CORPORATION......"

Before he could speak I quickly continued.

"And this is not a normal marriage. You can think of it as a contractual one. I'm doing this only for the sake of my parents. I don't love him neither does he. You are always gonna be my first and last love."

As I completed my words my phone began to ring. It was TAEHYUNG calling at a very wrong time. So I chose to ignore it but Kai saw me decline the call. He ignored it too as he had an important conversation to make.

"Wow that's so nice to hear JENNIE . You say you love me and go and get married to another person who doesn't even care about you just for the sake of your parents and you want me to just accept it like that ??" Kai said while fake laughing.

I was about to answer when my phone rang again. Oh God Taehyung please shut the fuck up I need to make things right.

"Pick it up and put it on speaker." Kai said looking at my ringing phone

I did as he said.

"Hey Jennie I know it's a very wrong time to call you but I just wanted to speak to your boyfriend. I know the phone is on speaker so Hii Jennie's boyfriend I am Jennie's to be contractual husband and incase your are wondering if she's cheating on you with me then that's not the case. I already have a girlfriend whom I love a lot, the same way you love Jennie. This marriage is just to make our
parents happy. I assure you there will be no HUSBAND-WIFE physical relation between us. She's free to do whatever she wants and meet you whenever and wherever she wishes to. And so do I. So please don't be mad at her it's not her fault. We are just trying to obey our parents. And I know no one can ever love her like you do. So I would never try to come between you guys. Please don't make it more complicated than it already is and help your girlfriend in times of need." And with that he hung up.

Kai was just listening to each and every word he spoke with full concentration without even changing the expressions on his face.

"This is not done Jennie how can I see you get married to other man when I already proposed to you and you said yes ?" Kai said with a sad face.

"Sorry Baby, I never wanted this to happen but you know how obedient I am to my parents, right ? I cannot go against their decision." I said confronting him.

"Why won't you tell them about me ? I'll do everything to get married to you. Just because he's rich doesn't mean he can take care of you the way I can. It's your life Jennie you should be the one choosing your husband and not your parents." Kai said arguing.