✨CHAPTER XXIV✨

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The sound of a gunshot was heard. Taehyung was too scared to look up as he won't be able to see his love lying lifelessly in front of him. He just kept on crying while keeping his head down when another sound of gunshot was heard. This time he slowly looked up to see Jennie covered in blood. But she was still breathing and shivering. The bullet did not hit her. But, JUNHOO who was standing besides her had collapsed to the ground. The bullet hit him. It was like the time took a pause. Taehyung wasn't able to process to process everything when the sound of bullets now filled the room. Somebody was continuously firing from behind. All of JUNHOO's men including JUNHOO died on the spot. That's when he finally turned and saw his dear brother along with his dad's comrades with guns in their hands.

FLASHBACK

Jungkook was about to follow Taehyung but his dad called him. His phone vibrated at the very moment. It was a message from Taehyung saying that Jennie was held captive by code NRF and he's going to get her back. After reading the message Jungkook started speaking to his Dad.

"Dad, please let me go. It's very urgent." Jungkook said nervously.

"What's wrong Jungkook ?" His Dad asked trying to calm him down.

"Code NRF has Jennie. She needs help. I have to go." Jungkook said.

"So what ? I don't care what happens to her but I'll not let you get into danger. You are not going anywhere. Protecting her is none of your business." His Dad said blankly.

"Taehyung already left for code NRFs house to save Jennie. He is alone, Dad. He is in danger too." Jungkook said making his Dad have a quick expression shift.

"Whattt ????? Is he out of his mind ? He is putting his life into danger for some idiotic girl ? What the hell is wrong with him ?" MR KIM said shouting .

"He loves her, Dad. He was never following any plan of yours. He already had a completely different plan prepared. Whatever he ever said to her, whatever he ever did for her, it was all true. He was never acting. His love was absolutely real." Jungkook said not taking a single pause.

"I knew it. I knew you guys never stuck to the plan. I already told you love is bullshit. It'll not get you any revenge. It'll just put you in danger all the time. There is still time now. Go and bring him home. There's no need for him to go act like a hero." His Dad ordered Jungkook.

"I can't do that, dad. He deserves Jennie and Jennie deserves him. Love is not bullshit, what Taehyung has with Jennie and what I have with Lisa is not bullshit. It's pure, it's real, it's magical. Love is what heals people, Dad." Jungkook replied immediately.

"So now you are also in Love. Wow, I never expected this from both of you. You've disappointed me." His dad said not looking at him.

"He sees Lia in her. Imagine if it was Lia being held captive and you had a chance to save her. Would you just let her die ? Then why let Jennie die ? She's just a sweet little girl like Lia was. She has no business in all this Mafia stuff. She already knew we were Mafias. Still she chose to fight with Taehyung and help him take his revenge even when she had the chance to leave him. She truly loves him, Dad. Please listen to me." Jungkook said now tearing up.

On hearing his daughter's name. MR KIM was moved a little. He thought about every word Jungkook just said. His emotions were real. His care for his brother and sister-in-law was real. Realisation quickly struck him.

"Okayy, I'll help you out. I'm coming with you. JUNHOO has to be killed today at any case. We have to save Taehyung and Jennie too." MR KIM said ready to fight.

"No dad. You please look after mom. Make sure she's safe. Trust me, I can do this." Jungkook said.

"But..." His dad was about to speak