✨CHAPTER XXVI [ M ]✨

JENNIE'S POV

I was so happy to see my Dad after such a long time but all my happiness faded away when I heard his next words. He wanted me to have a divorce with Taehyung. No, I could never do it. I cannot live without him. I absolutely can't.

"No Dad. I can't divorce him. I love him more than anything else. I cannot just leave him behind like this.  Besides he's the one who helped me recover."I said trying to convince my father.

"He's the one responsible for you poor condition in the first place. I don't want to put you into any kind of danger from now on. I can't see you in this state, sweetie. It hurts my heart to even talk to you in a hospital."Dad said with a genuinely concerned tone.

"I know dad but the problem is now gone. That bastard is dead. And I can take care of myself. Nobody can ever replace Taehyung. He's my husband ,Dad and I want to be with him till my last breath." I said sincerely.

"Now you are being stubborn ,Jennie. Please understand that he is not good for you. Living with him will cause more and more trouble. They are Mafias Jennie. They are not normal people like you and me. They have a habit of engaging in dangerous activities and I don't want you to be a part of them." Dad said continuously arguing.

"I know they are Mafias. I already knew it beforehand. Taehyung also gave me an option to divorce him. But I didn't. My choice was to stay with him and help him in every way possible because I love him dad, unconditionally." I said.

Taehyung was just outside the room and he was silently listening to everything. After a while he came in.

"He's right, Jennie. You should go with your dad. I'm useless Jen, I can't even protect you. Dads always know best for their children and I think you should listen to him. I'll file and sign the divorce whenever you want, Dad. "Taehyung said while entering the room.

"Are you out of your mind, Tae? I am not leaving you. And I already told you that you don't have to protect me. We'll fight together, we'll face every hurdle together. We still have a lot of trips to go on and a lot of good memories to make,  you can't just leave me like that." I said and hugged him.

"I love you Jennie, I love you so much. But your safety is what matters the most to me." Taehyung said hugging me back.

"You are my safe place, dumbo. Apart from my parents and close friends, you are the only one who can keep me safe." I said completely forgetting that Dad was also in the room with us.

"Okay then, only because my daughter loves you a lot and her happiness matters a lot to me, I'll give you a second chance. But if my daughter gets hurt again, I'll be the one coming for you. So, Jennie are you sure you wanna stay with him?" Dad asked for the last time.

"Yes, Dad. 100% sure." I said and he walked out of the room.

The next one to enter the room was mom. We talked about many different things. She asked me about my health and also wished me a very happy birthday. Yes, it was my birthday today. Everything happened so fast, that I myself didn't remember that today was the day I was born, 24 years ago.

After completing all the medical formalities, I was finally allowed to go home, the place I was longing to be at.

"Take care, Jennie. Tell us if you need anything. Mom and Dad love you." Mom said giving me and Taehyung a final hug but dad just walked away.

"I love you Dad." I said and gave him a peck on his cheeks before leaving for Taehyung's house.

I also greeted Jungkook and thanked him for being there for Taehyung when he was in need. He is truly a very good brother.