Chapter 0, My Arrival

Editors note: im going back and editing a whole bunch of chapters :3

---

I arrived at a manor. The cold rain pouring on my trench coat, my body shivering from the cold. But I needed to get inside that mansion, I needed to keep the case safe. I knocked, the door echoing through the light filled mansion. I heard the clicking of footsteps walk up to the door, I gripped the handle of my suitcase tighter as the door opened to a tall butler. Of course, a demon resided in the one mansion I needed to stay in. He glared at me, I glared back. Our accidental staring contest was interrupted by a boys yell.

"Claude! Who may be at our door at such a late hour?" The blonde haired boy came sliding down the staircase handle. I sighed to myself, recognising the boy as Alois Trancy, an easily recognised troublemaker. "I'm sorry, is this too late?" I looked down at the boy, then back to the butler. "Hmm... you're certainly a weirdo! You're all covered in mud, gross!" He jeered at my appearance from the rain. "But you're strange.. I think I like you. Claude, let's invite them in!" He clapped his hands, looking up at the demon with joy in his smile. The demon, now known as 'Claude' nodded and opened the door wider, not saying a word. I nodded back in respect and entered the mansion. The boy lead me up the stairs and down a hallway, the walls navy and everywhere spotless.

We arrived at what appeared to be a dining room with a long table. Something felt off. Alois ran to the table, taking a seat excitedly. "Well? Are you going to take a seat or not, are you a dog? Should I tell you to sit?" He laughed. I sighed to myself and took a seat across from him, putting my suitcase to the side. "So! Why are you at this manor so late?" He smiled, resting his head on his hands. He didn't break eye contact with me. Though, he caught a peek at my suitcase. "Oh. A traveller?" He giggled, "That's rather sad isn't it? Walking around with the other mutts, getting all dirty." He laughed to himself, a laugh that held a hint of envy. He clapped his hands together twice, "Claude, bring us something to eat, I'm starving!" He looked the butler up and down, Claude nodded. "Yes, your highness." And with that; he walked out of the room. It was kind of strange that he was able to get a demon of all creatures to be his butler. Alois had a look of distraught in his eyes, then blinking for a prolonged second and looking back at me.

I wasn't sure if he could see my face, my trench coat covered most of it with its long collar. But he had a strangely hopeful look on his face that told me he had an idea of what I looked like. "Your eyes are tainting my pure soul, don't look at me like that." He snarled. He made it clear that he wasn't asking. I looked back down to my suitcase, watching the water drip off of its leather and onto the floors. "Where did you come from?" His curiosity returned as quick as it left and I turned back to him. "Not far from here. I'm travelling to a small village to trade some goods to the villagers there." I did my best to explain but I knew he wasn't going to listen. "A trader?" He laughed loudly, "That's even worse! Oh my god, I almost pity you." He smiled, looking into my eyes. Claude returned with two covered plates, putting each one to their respective places. 

Claude lifted the coverings to both plates. Revealing garnished eggs with a side of ham. I looked down at it, debating if I should eat it. Mostly contemplating if he was going to jeer at me somehow for the way I eat. "What? Don't tell me you're one of those weirdos that don't eat meat or something?" He groaned rudely. "No, this will do. Thank you." I thanked them both, mostly directing it toward the butler, feeling offended by Alois. I grabbed a fork, not looking up from the plate; I took a bite of the egg. It was rather well made, but that's what you get from a demon chef. I let out an exhale, and took a bite out of the ham. "And?" I looked up, rather startled by the closeness of the boy's voice, to my surprise: Alois was practically laying on the table facing me.

I was taken aback by the sudden silent movement but said nothing about it. "It tastes wonderful." I looked at Clause, he glared at me, clearly able to tell something was up. I finished my food quickly as to not linger there long. He finished his food hurriedly after me. He stood up, "Well, you shall stay one night here, but don't get all your filth over the guest room." He groaned, "Claude, take them to the guest bedroom." He snarled, once again. Claude and I nodded almost in sync and I got up and grabbed my suitcase, following Claude to the bedroom in silence. He opened a door that lead to a bedroom that I assumed was the guest room. I entered after he motioned to do so. I turned back to him and nodded once more, and he shut the door. I placed the suitcase beside the queen sized bed, sitting on its spotless sheets. I took off my trench coat and put it on a nearby chair. I then took off my boots, placing them beside the door and laid down in the bed, finally falling asleep peacefully.

-----

Future AN// here; The chapters get WAYYYYY longer than this (trust me bro) so like.. if you like them short  like this then just a quick warning that they get from ~2 minutes to ~8-10 minutes anyway okay byyyeyeyeyeyyee (*w* )/

future future an// lol i dont remember writing this but trust me, it's true