Chapter 4, Pact Broken

I jumped at the sound of the door opening. "I apologise for not knocking, but we may have found your suitcase." Ciel walked in as I turned around. He was holding my case! I walked over quickly, taking the key out of my mouth. "I'm afraid you wont be needing it." He pointed to the broken latch. "Dammit." I opened it up. The props still remained, but I did not care about them. I looked at the pocket and it was broken. "... it's useless. This was clearly targeted." I turned to him and he looked confused. "All of your items are there, are they not?","Yes, but the most important ones are gone; this is why I believe they knew beforehand who I was.." I sighed in frustration. "Are you able to explain what they are.. or look like? I could tell the policemen and guards to keep an extra eye out." Sebastian walked in. "Uh.. okay. Well, two of them are liquids. One is a thick.. dark matter... it's almost black and it's in a vial." I indirectly explained the demons blood, Sebastian knew this. "The other is a fluent liquid, much like... water but it glows.","A glowing liquid? I've never heard of such in a simple travellers case.." He looked me in the eyes. "Well the third item is a rose petal.. it was in a jar, plucked from a white rose."

"What an interesting combination of ingredients, Hertlair. What were you going to do with such?" Sebastian smiled. I sighed, "I was going to... sell the items to a collector who believes they may be important to his collection.","Hm, I'll tell them to keep a lookout for two viles and a j-" Ciel was cut off by a large bang from outside, it shook the mansion. "What the bloody hell was that?!-" Ciel and I turned to Sebastian who was gone. "I don't know but something tells me it's important that was get the hell out of here..!" I unintentionally grabbed Ciel's hand and ran out. Dragging him to the entrance. "How do you know this mansion so well-? It's you-" This time, a crash. "We don't have time to get into that, Phantomhive." I looked around for a window to get out of. Just in case someone was outside the front door. "Who are you to be dragging me around?!" He pulled his arm back. "Do you wish to die?!" I turned to him. He froze for a second. "Of course not!","Well let's get the hell out of here!" I grabbed his arm and we both ran out a window. Another crash rang from just outside of the mansion.

Sebastian was seen on the roof, conducting the other three servants. "Sebastian! What are you doing?! Get down from there and inform me what is going on!" Ciel yelled at the demon, who turned to Ciel and jumped down. "I am afraid the mansion is experiencing some surprise renovations. Please, let me escort you two to the nearest resting place for some tea.","You've got to be kidding me! My mansion is crumbling down!" Ciel yelled at the demon for his obscurity, the demon just smiled and picked Ciel up bridal-style. He walked ever-so casually through the forest whilst the mansion crumbled behind us. I followed them with caution, pulling my dagger out. Gunshots fired through the chaos and it soon became quiet, Sebastian placed Ciel down at a resting area not too far from the mansion. "Tea?" He pulled out some tea from seemingly nowhere. "No! I want you to tell me ex-" Sebastian froze in a frightening way that made Ciel stop. "I don't think your demon is okay." I pointed at his motionless body, "Is that normal?","No it isn't.. Sebastian! Snap out of it!" Ciel waved his hand in front of the demons face. "I don't think he's coming alive again.. he seems pretty out of it. Huh, odd." I took a look at the demon myself, his face paralysed as a frightened look.

"Ah!" Ciel fell to his knees, holding his right eye in pain. "Hey! Are you alright?!" I got down on my knees as well, putting my hand on his shoulder in comfort. "I- I don't know..?!" He took off his eye-patch, still shaking. His eye symbol, the one that signed him and Sebastian as a temporary pair, was disappearing! "Ciel- Ciel! Is your pact symbol thing supposed to disappear?","What?!" He looked at me, terrified. "No?! It is to... to only leave when..- when my wish i-is done!","Well- it's disappearing right now-!" He rolled onto his back, the symbol finally had disappeared. "Sebast-Sebastian?!" He turned to Sebastian, so did I. I assumed he'd just stay frozen, but he spat out blood all over the both of us, and disappeared. "S..." I got up and helped Ciel onto his feet. "Oh... god.. what the hell just happened...?" We were interrupted by a nearby yell from a sadly familiar voice. "Claude?!" Alois yelled from the nearby trees. "Should we..?" I looked at Ciel who was hunched over, holding his right eye. "...maybe he knows what's going on. We have to at least ch.." We were interrupted by Alois screaming in agony. We ran over to the scream. 

"Ph.. ph.. Phantomhive..? Oh please you- you have to help me!! There's something wrong with... with.. Claude!" He was on the ground, on his knees, looking up at Ciel and I with suffering in his eyes. Ciel and I exchanged looks and looked around for Claude. "He.. he's gone... he froze and.. he froze and disappeared.... he left me.. too..." I felt pity for the boy and helped him up. There was blood on his chest, we assumed that just happened with Sebastian happened with Claude too. "Do you know what the hell is going on?" Ciel asked Alois, who shook his head in a distraught 'no'. "You've probably.. read up on demons more than I... I'd assume you'd know..","I haven't even read up on them myself. I just heard the old wives tale from.. an old friend of mine." Ciel sighed. "Where.. where's your eye-patch..?" Alois pointed at Ciel, who was still holding his eye. "I..","His pact symbol disappeared shortly before Sebastian.. disappeared." I explained for Ciel. "Him too..? What the.. what is going on?!","I don't know.."