Chapter 6.5, Claude's Pact

After a few minutes of pointless bickering; we mutually decided we'd retrieve the ring after Ciel rested in London for a week. I rolled my eyes at the wasted time and we walked down the road in silence. Ciel decided to break the silence after about 10 minutes. He sighed, "Look. I apologise, but that ring is too important to lose. Especially if it's in the hands of one like Alois Trancy." I nodded in agreement, "Indeed, he only holds bad intentions. He's practically infamous around here." I looked down the road, my vision swaying side by side after each step I took. "The villagers said he's pretty evil.","Villagers?" He looked at me in confusion, I turned to him, still walking. "Yes.. there's a village outside of the Trancy manor. Quite nice folks, but nothing special." He looked even more confused. "There's no villages for miles from here." I stopped, he stopped too. "That's.. not correct. I think you're just suffering trauma from jumping out of that carriage.","Jumping from a carriage?!" I opened my eyes wider and smiled, forgetting to catch him up. "We almost got kidnapped again.. heh." He facepalmed. "You have to be kidding me.","You have to remember, Ciel, you come from a rich family. You'd probably sell for a lot in the trafficking market. Especially with your ties with the queen." We continued walking.

"Well, what about you? I feel like I barely know you. But you know a lot about me." He brushed his shoulders off, noticing the dirt. "It's a long story, but it's an unimportant one.","That is always your excuse. You never want to open up to me, and I do not understand." He stopped once more. I stopped after noticing the only footsteps were mine. I turned to him, "You wouldn't understand. All you need to know is that I am trying to help you." He folded his arms at my response. "How am I to know that you aren't bluffing right now? How do I believe that your real name is Alex Hertlair? I cannot trust one without evidence." He pierced me with his cold eyes. I exhaled, "You'll have to trust me then. It's either; we walk to London and I continue to help you. Or Alois finds you and kills you." I glared back. He unfolded his arms, stepping back. He then recollected himself and sighed. "Fine. I hope you'll keep your promise to not let Alois kill me." He walked and took his place beside me. "I'll try my best to make sure you live another day, Ciel." We continued walking down the road to London.

"Maybe we'd be able to get along better if I would just tell him the truth.." I thought to myself, debating if I should've opened up by then or not. "I'm not even sure if he remembers. That look.. I feel like he remembers small parts of what happened that day.." I exhaled silently, "But that is only for him to know.. I cannot read ones mind, sadly.","Well you're contemplating something. You look rather serious, what's on your mind?" Ciel turned to me. I shrugged. "Just Alois. I'm wondering his next move.. He said he knew where your demons were, didn't he? And now he has your ring.. and.. well.. whatever." I dismissed the last thing, he peeked his head up. "No, not whatever. Tell me." I exhaled, "You're always trying to break my walls down. You certainly haven't changed." I smiled a half smile at him. "And.. nothing. I've already forgotten." I looked forward again. "Hm. There's just something about you.. I can't put my finger on it." Ciel folded his arms in concentration. "Is that a good thing?" I chuckled. "I'm not sure... mm, kind of like I've known you for years.","Well that certainly conflicts your earlier statement." 

He laughed to himself. "I guess it does. Quite funny, isn't it? You do really remind me of someone I used to know. I'm not sure who though...","You do.." I said quietly to myself. "Pardon?" I snapped back to reality, realising my mistake. "Oh, nothing. I was.. just... it's nothing. " I exhaled. "Well; we're coming into London!" I pointed forward to the city. "Perfect. I cannot wait to get my ring back.. I still can't believe you're making me wait." He sighed to himself. "It's for the better. Trust me." I reassured him. We hurried to the city, well; I more so dragged Ciel due to his leg injury. "Slow down I can't so so fast-!" I stopped at Ciel's words. "Then I will make it easier." I picked up his upper body and pulled up his legs. "What- what are you doing?! I can walk!" He looked flustered. "Well? You said you wanted to obtain your ring faster!" I started running down the road as he protested the whole way down. And as soon as we knew it; we were already in a street. "Told ya!" I smiled at him as he looked away in frustration. I put him down carefully and we continued down the street. "Hmm.. I haven't been in this part of London is a while. Especially this street." He chuckled, I turned to him. 

"What were you doing at this part of the city?" I remarked meeting him there but couldn't see him being there on any other occasion. "Ah, this is where I escaped to. I remember it being the first place I arrived after obtaining Sebastian." He smiled in pleasant memories. Though, his smile quickly dropped, "But that was also the day I was branded.. the day that created Sebastian and I's pact." He felt his eye. "But now it's gone. I still am unsure what happened, it's like nothing I've ever experienced." His hand fell to his side. "Ciel. I might add that your pact symbol has actually changed." I informed him, he turned to me, stopping in his tracks. I stopped, looking him in the eyes, he looked surprised. "And you didn't tell me this, because? And what did it change to?" He looked me in the eyes, probably hoping to see himself in the reflection. But alas; my eyes are dull and do not reflect easily. I exhaled, "It's kind of outlandish to consider; but I'm sure it's Claude's pact symbol." I said calmly. If his eyes weren't already widened to the max, they sure had reached it this time. "WHAT?!"