Chapter 17, Oozing, Oozing, Oozing.

My eyes widened at the sight of a coffin, why would such an item be here? And more importantly: What, or who, is in it?

My hands gripped the wood tighter as Alois grinned stupidly, instructing Hannah to open the coffin with a wave of his hand. She did so, and when she did: nothing could've prepared me for the sight of Ciel chained up inside it! "Wh.. what?!" I blurted out in utter surprise. Ciel struggled, squirming around as cloth was wrapped tightly around his jaw and stuffed in his mouth. All he could make were muffled grunts as Alois inhaled before he spoke, "Oh yes, Hannah and I have both decided to make our own plan. Not the old one nor the one Claude crafted.. it's our own little plan." Ciel stared at Alois with rage in his eye. This statement made me wonder where Claude and Sebastian were. "The plan goes as follows:" He walked forward, "We lure Ciel and his little demon out here, without you." He placed his right hand on his hip. 

"As I got everything prepared at the mansion, Hannah was to set the hints up." Hannah smiled without a word, holding the coffin to stop Ciel's struggling from causing it to fall. "Then, you would take the bait and arrive alone." He smiled, placing his left hand behind his back. "Then I knocked out Ciel and tied him up as Hannah stayed watch. When you were to eventually walk in, we would reveal Ciel to you." He pointed his hand at Ciel who struggled some more. "Well... what now..?" I hesitantly asked, swallowing shallowly. "Now..." he started, shuffling his hand behind his back. "We finish this." He revealed his hand to be holding a sharp blade a he put it precisely over Ciel's chest. This activated my fight or flight, I was horrified for Ciel's life as I started running down the stairs.

"Stop." He stopped me, "One more step and I'll plunge it right through his heart." He threatened. "Why?! What can I do to make you stop?!" I pleaded, tears actually starting to stinge in my eyes. My heart raced as my hands uncontrollably shook against the railing of the stairs. "You can't. Stopping isn't in the plan." He shrugged, holding the knife with confidence. "Dammit.. damn damn damn!! What choice is there? I don't see any options!!" My thoughts raced as hot tears ran down my face. I clenched my chest with my free hand, hyperventilating. "I could... I.. There's.." My eyes darted around the room for something, anything!! "I.." I started, looking up at the blonde boy. "Me.. Kill me instead! Please!!" I begged him, this seemed to amuse him as a smile twisted onto his face. 

"Kill you?" He questioned, followed by a laugh. "Are you that blind? I'm not just killing at random, dummy. I'm killing your only other option." He sighed with a smile. He then looked at Hannah who gave some sort of signal, waving her hand toward him. "Alright." Alois started, I looked at him, my vision blurring a little from the utter stress. He turned to me, "You can come over, I guess." He shrugged, I was a little shocked but took caution with my step. Once I got a foot away from them, Alois stopped me. "That's close enough, I don't want you getting too comfortable." He stated. "The preparations are ready, master." Hannah spoke softly. "Preparations? What preparations? She's been standing here the whole time.." I wondered. "Took you long enough." Alois rolled his eyes.

"Are you rea.." Alois started, but Hannah cut him off. "Wait, master.." She started, looking at the front door. Alois groaned, "Now what?!" He snapped at the demon. "Someone is here." She replied, pulling out two daggers from her dress pockets. "Did one of the demons finally arrive?" I wondered, my heart still pounding. "Does it really even matter? Let's get on with it!" Alois raised both his hands, including the one with the dagger. My fight sense triggered and I charged at him, knocking him over. "AGH!" He yelped, the knife sliding out of his hand and conveniently right next to me. I grabbed it and held it up to his throat. But what I failed to realise in my sudden attack was that Hannah had now just grabbed Ciel. My blood ran cold as everything seemed to have moved in slow motion.

I watched her as she held Ciel by his hair, pulling back his head back to expose his neck. I jumped off Alois, almost dropping the knife in the process as I bolted toward the two. But as soon as I got 3 steps closer to them, she plunged the knife right into his throat. I watched time return to a normal pace as blood oozed out of his throat and mouth. "NOO!!" I yelled out. I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces, my tears running cold as I fell to the ground. Hannah tossed Ciel's body in my direction and I caught his head. The cloth wrapped around his mouth stained a dark crimson red. I watched the light in his eyes dull, hugging him. "Heal, heal, HEAL!! Why won't you heal!? Why now!?" I pleaded in my head, panicking as my hand soon started being painted in Ciel's blood. I brushed his hair out of his face, leaving a smudge of blood on his forehead in doing so.

I got up, holding his body in my arms. I turned to Alois who had a pleased look on his face. "It's finally done. Wrong move, Y/N." He held a hand on his hip with a stupid grin on his face. I opened my mouth to speak but I was interrupted by a sword plunging through Alois' right eye. "MASTER!!" Hannah yelled out, running past me. The boy slid off the sword as it tilted down and the demon caught him, looking up at the murderer. I gasped, it was him, it was the angel! He held a professional stance, staring at the demon with nothing but a burning hatred in his eyes for her. He put his sword back and walked right past her and up to me. "I have come to finally retrieve you, Y/N." He smiled, speaking with a calm voice. "What?! No!" I retracted. My behaviour made his smile sink into a frown, "Oh, don't make this harder than it has to be." He sighed, holding his head with his hand.

"You're way past your pick up date, letting you linger here any longer will only cause chaos. Come with me, now." He held out his hand and I felt safe. Why did I feel safe? This man slaughtered my family! "No.. I'm not leaving without Ciel." I hugged Ciel, aware he was on the brink of death. "That thing?" He raised a brow, pointing at Ciel. I nodded. "No no, that won't do. That won't do at all. I would've thought your human parents would've raised you better than that." He sighed once again. "Come on, and hurry up. I don't have all day lingering around all this unclean filth." He started walking toward the door, shooting a glance at Hannah on his way by. I had this unexplained urge to follow him, and before I knew it, I was already doing so.

I stood by him as we stood in front of the door. "Put that thing down already, it's disgusting, unclean." He ordered me. I did so, unwillingly. It was like I was no longer in control of my own actions as I watched him call his wings. There were large, white wings, like nothing I had ever seen before. I had a little amazement in my eyes as he held out his hand. I grabbed it and he picked me up, holding me in his arms as we flew up into the air. I watched Ciel's body shrink as we flew higher. I didn't want to leave, my work was not done. But something told me I was right where I was supposed to be, and I found a strange comfort in that.