Chapter 16, Nostalgic

A loud rumble in the distance that stopped my thoughts, it didn't sound good. The door swung open, "I have your cloth!!" Mey-rin stumbled in with a cloth and ice water in a glass on a silver platter. "Hertlair! Are you doing alright?!" She worried, not watching her step and stumbling over her own foot. She caught herself but not before she spilt water everywhere. I sighed with a smile, I oddly missed her chaos. "Are you alright?" I asked, getting up and grabbing the platter from her, putting it on the bed. "You're- you're asking if I'm okay?!" She seemed surprised, forgetting the whole situation, "Are you going to answer or am I going to have to figure it out?" She snapped out of it quickly, "Yes! I am, thank you for asking Hertair." She smiled, "May I get you a new cloth...?" She looked awkwardly in between the spilt water and I. "Sure, get two though.","Oh- uh, alright! Coming right up!" She smiled and ran out the door. 

I sat down beside Ciel who was curled into a ball still, I wondered how he was processing everything. I also wondered who that angel was. I heard someone yelling outside the window, it sounded like that gardener. I looked out and saw him waving at me right next to a tree "Hertlair! Hello! I'm sorry about that noise! Did I wake you!?" He yelled, I rolled my eyes at the fact that he didn't come any closer. I gave him a thumbs up, "Hi Finny!!" Mey-Rin came back with two cloths. Finny waved back at her and went back to whatever he was doing. "Here are the cloths, but if I might ask; why did you want me to grab two?" She asked politely with intrigue in her voice. I grabbed one, "Because I'm going to help you, of course.","You don't have to-!" I cut her off, "I feel like doing it together would be more efficient, we would be able to clean faster, would we not?" I gave her a little charisma and she nodded, "You're correct, you are! Alright, let's get to cleaning!" She gave a smile and thumbs up. I picked up the ice and put it on the platter while she wiped the floor down the way I taught her.

"I see you still remember that method." I smiled, not looking up her. "I do! It's been very useful, might I say." She giggled. "And what are you two doing?" Ciel sat up, rubbing his eye with tired in his voice. "We're cleaning, we are!" Mey-Rin answered with a smile, "And what did you mess up this time?" He asked, directing his question at Mey-Rin. "I, uh, spilt some water, Sir Phantomhive!" She quickly got up, I followed. "Mhm, and I was simply-" I started, Ciel stopped me, "You don't need to explain yourself, it's fine. Mey-Rin, get Sebastian for me." He sent Mey-Rin off and rubbed his head. It was silent for a few seconds. "You look like you have something to say." Ciel looked up at me, noticing my pondering expression. I sighed, "Well, it's a lot of things really...","It's better to get it out now. Don't just stand there, come sit down beside me." He looked at me with a twinkle in his eye I'd never seen before. I did so, sitting down beside him. "I feel like it would be better to explain when Sebastian gets here." I was interrupted by Sebastian, "Good, I got here in time then." He smiled, clasping his hands together.

"Well..." I proceeded to explain my dream to the demon and partially Ciel. "I see." Sebastian said, understandingly. "He sounds like an angel I used to know. Well, a long time ago. He could definitely be our suspect.","And what about Alois Trancy and his butler?" Ciel bumped in. "He's still a very real threat to us." He crossed his arms, Sebastian sighed "I'm afraid we're going to have to take care of both at once, if this is the angel I'm thinking of... that might be difficult." He sighed. "And who may that be?" Ciel asked, tapping his fingers on his legs. "Ash Landers, a fallen angel. Of course he wasn't a fallen angel until when the Silversfield's were assassinated. Which makes me wonder... why does he want you, Silversfield?" he asked, turning to me. I gave him a shrug, "I really only have the ability to heal super fast...","Ah, but that's where you could be wrong." Sebastian smiled, Ciel and I looked at him with inquisitive expressions.

"You see, some blessings are created with some sort of ability. The healing is usually a plus side. Say, Y/N, have you done anything abnormal ever since your death?" Both him and Ciel looked at me, "Besides coming back, no, nothing." I gave a small shrug, a look of hopelessness washed over Ciel's face as Sebastian sighed, "That's too bad... Well, It seems you have no power but that doesn't answer the question of why he wants you." Sebastian crossed his arms. "How about we finish this discussion later? I'm starving honestly." Ciel stretched, I nodded, "We might as well eat, it might clear our thinking for a while." Sebastian nodded in agreement, "Alright, I'll get Bardroy to cook up some breakfast whilst you change." Sebastian walked out of the room. Ciel yawned, "And how late were you up last night, Ciel?" I questioned him. He sighed, "I'm afraid I don't even remember." He got off of the bed and I did so too, "I'll go into the guest room to not intrude on you." He stopped me before I started walking. "No, it's alright. I'd actually like you to stay. It gets quite lonely in this manor when Sebastian isn't here. And I'd rather not hang out with those buffoons of servants..."

Finally! (BOOK 1) - Alois x Reader x CielOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara