Chapter 7.5, Y/N Silversfield

A soul as sweet as pumpkin pie
Mayoral expectations very high
Many people must rely
On Ciel Phantomhive

"I'm not sure anymore, Ciel. I feel like you already know your answer." I sighed, Ciel didn't respond. I decided that I'd save it for the morning anyway, so I went to sleep. I soon awakened later, waking up from another bit of nothingness. My dreams had been wiped and I was unsure why. It was bright, I sat up looking around. I was still in Ciel's room but something seemed off; I then spotted a pile of clothing on a chair to the right of me. It had a small note written in Ciel's handwritting. I got up and walked over to it, picking it up and reading it. "Alex, you may have some of my clothing. I had noticed you were the same size as me so I might as well lend you some clothing. It seems you don't have any of your own. Please meet Sebastian and I in the dining room whilst you are done. - Ciel." I placed the note to the side and looked at the clothing. "Huh, he is the same size as me." I quickly changed into the clothing he had lended me. I fixed my collar and walked out of the room. I walked down the halls like the many times I already had. I walked into the dining room, spotting Ciel and Sebastian at the end. "Oh, may you have a seat?" He signaled to a seat to the left of him.

I nodded and walked over, taking the seat. "So we had done some searching and found one of the items on an old salesman." He pulled out a vile, the one that held demons blood. I quickly grabbed it. "Perfect! Thank you Ciel. Now we just need the remaining two.. did you find out who he had received it from?" I looked at him in his eye, he had gotten a replacement eyepatch from the looks of it. "I am afraid he said he hadn't received it from someone, but yet from the ground. You're lucky Seb.. Claude was able to converse him enough to obtain it without the original price." He exhaled. "And the price was?" I put the vile in my pocket. "76 pounds." I nodded to his answer and grabbed my coin pouch from my boot. I gave him roughly 89 pounds. "76 pounds for the item and 13 for the troubles.","I am afraid you need not to pay me, Alex. You know I come from enough money." He pushed the coins back to me, I insisted but he kept backing down. "Ciel.","Alex." I looked him in the eye and he had that same look. He sighed, "Fine." He finally took the money. "Perfect. Any more leads on the other items?","I am afraid not. We were lucky enough to spot that man selling it in a pawn shop." Ciel fixed his collar and turned to Sebastian. "Instead, we got more information on the attacker. Or might I say; attackers." I furrowed my brows at his statement, making 'attacker' plural. Sebastian handed him a few files and he opened them in front of himself. 

"Police were able to extract 2 attackers with... might I say an interesting type of DNA. It seems one of them got cut and bled on a nearby wall. Another bled by what seemed to be a bullet wound by the splatter type. It might've been a shotgun." he turned two files to me. "Look familiar?" I looked at them. "Demons blood?","Indeed, this was no human." He opened the third case file. "This third file holds what we retrieved from the bodies. Of course we looked for cause of death; but it seems too good to be true." He pointed at the 'Cause of death' underneath their names. "..Heart attack?" I held my head in confusion. "Suspected heart attack. We do not know what the actual death was. But it matches a case from a few years ago around a small village that apparently burned down. All of the bodies that were found were marked as burnt to death but not a single one had a burn marking on them." He flipped the page. "Another weird thing;" he pointed at the little boys neck, a branding was seen there. "This branding seems to not be of anything a normal human can do. Nothing by fire, ink or knife. Do you understand what I suspect?" I nodded and he nodded back, "There's more to this homicide." I flipped through the three files, examining all of the information.

More and more of it pieced together, I then noticed something that caught my eye in one of the photographs from the crime scene. "Ciel.. I need to go back to the scene." I close the files and stood up. "What? Why?" He stood up too. "I think the forensics might've missed something. You stay here, rest if needed." I took the paper from the file with me and speed-walked to the entrance. "Alex! I can't have you go alone; you're being framed here! Someone might be on your back, do you hear me?!" I turned around and Ciel was coming toward me. "Now now, don't strain your leg. I won't be gone long. And plus; you have Claude to keep you safe for now." I pointed at the demon behind him. "But Alex..","I deeply apologise. Do not hassle yourself, if I'm not back in an hour or two; you may look for me if needed." I opened the door. "Ale.." Ciel was stopped by Sebastian. "Master, may you need rest?" Ciel sighed, turning to him. "I'll be fine thank you very much." I took this time to leave, closing the door quietly behind me and speed walking down the path. About halfway down; I heard Ciel's voice. "Alex!" I sighed and turned back to him, still running down the path. "An hour!" I smiled him a reassuring smile and turned back; entering London's streets.

I took many turns but I eventually found the scene which still had tape upon it. I slowed down and walked into the scene once again. I looked at the paper, it was underneath the blood splatter beside two rocks. I walked toward it and bent down, "Aha!" I grabbed it, a garnet ring. "Wait a minute.. is this...?" Upon closer inspection; it was Alois' ring. I pocketed it, turning around to see Hana. "Oh. I just fell into a trap didn't I?" I facepalmed at my idiocy. "Listen; I promised Ciel I'd be back in like.. an hour, so could you just... leave?" I awkwardly laughed that awkward laugh when you told a joke and it's completely silent. I stopped abruptly, "Seriously though; he's healing..." I stepped back slowly, "I don't want him to ruin his stitchwork..." I took another step backward, "And I told him not to worry..." I hastily turned around and ran away from her, not looking in front of me. "Y/N!" I crashed into Alois.  "I knew you'd come running to me sooner or later." I unintentionally made an extremely uncomfortable face. "Uhh, no." I got off of him and brushed off my shoulders, throwing his ring back at him. "Take your damn ring." It hit him in the middle of his forehead.

He giggled, "Still running for Ciel?" He jumped up and onto his feet. "Oh, and can Ciel have his ring back?" I had my guard up, knowing I was surrounded. "This silly old thing?" He stuffed his hand into his pocket and revealed Ciel's ring. I went to grab it out of his grubby paws but he threw it up into the air. I tried calculating where it was going to land but I was unable to catch it, and instead; Alois just caught it instead. "Ah-ah-ah! You really haven't learned from your privileged little life that not everything is free." He giggled once again, stuffing Ciel's ring back into his pocket. "Me? Privileged?" I laughed, "You know nothing about my family.","Hmm? Oh. I sense you're lying Silversfield. I remember reading about that factory you bought. Oh! And all that land you owned. And of course your ties with the queen!" He smiled. "Sure, my family had glamour and riches, but I was certainly not the privileged one." I folded my arms as he started walking around me in circles. I followed his every move. "Trust me; I was never kidnapped. I ran away from that hellhole. Until.. yeah, my 'death'." I smiled back at him, not showing fear. 

"Oh nooo, you ran away. You're sooo underprivileged." He jeered, "So did I." He smirked. "We're actually quite similar, you and I." He stopped in front of me. "I doubt that." I let my arms fall to their sides. "We both ran away.. both of our parents died by poison." he put his hands on my shoulders and leaned in close. "And we're both fake up." I pushed him away and his smile dropped. Hana stepped forward in hostility but Alois waved her off. "Alex, was it? Why do you want to hide your identity so bad? You'd gain so much privilege, you'd be able to claim your mothers factory and your fathers land. I don't see why you shouldn't tell the world you're alive." He grinned ear-to-ear. "So I decided.. to tell the world for you!" He clapped his hands twice and Hana revealed a slip of paper, it read; "Y/N Silversfield found alive in woods. Rescued by Alois Trancy. They are found brainwashed and delusional, if seen; return to the Trancy manor immediately!" My jaw dropped. "I-.." I was speechless. All that effort to hide who I was, just to be revealed by some pretty boy. And now Ciel knew! "I.. I gotta get to Ciel." I ran the opposite direction, taking all the twists and turns needed to make it to the Phantomhive manor. I hid my face the whole way back.

I arrived just in time and knocked out the mail carrier before he could deliver. "Sorry.." I whispered under my breath to him. I put him in the side of the sidewalk and turned him around. I quickly opened the door to the manor, being met face-to-face with Ciel. We almost collided but I was able to stop myself and directed my body weight to behind me. I fell onto my bottom, "Oh there you are! It's be an hour and twenty, we were about go look for you." He held his hand out to help me up. I took it and rose quickly, "I apologise, I noticed the time and came back as quick as I could." He tilted his head to look over my shoulder. "Is that mail carrier... dead?","Oh. No! Just taking a nap..." I awkwardly smiled. "Okay.. well, Claude may you grab today's issue as Alex and I converse over what they found at the scene?" Sebastian nodded and I quickly stopped him from walking out. "Alex?","Oh no! No need.... his bag was empty." I tried my best, but I had not gotten the best view of him whilst I set him to the side. "It is quite literally full to the top... he usually stops by here as one of his first estates.","Oh.. weird." I subtly pushed Ciel and Sebastian into the entrance and closed the door. "Now.. about that crime scene item."