Chapter 1, And There He Is

And I revealed my face to him. His face had changed from a taunting grin to utter surprise. "Y/N... Silversfield-?!" He laughed, "Finally- finally! I knew you weren't dead!! Claude.. Claude!!" I took this moment to get out of there. I snatched my suitcase and key, putting the key in my mouth and running out the door. "CLAUDE CATCH THEM! THEY'RE GETTING AWAY!!" I ran down the hall, slid down the railing of the stairs and approached the door. I grabbed the last silver key I had from the inside of my boot, ready to open a portal. I heard that stupid demons footsteps coming, and what I assumed was the other butlers and maids. The key slid quickly into the keyhole and I turned it hastily, flinging open the door of which had no longer lead to outside, and now to a random street in London. I hesitated no time and entered the portal, quickly slamming the door behind me.

I took a breath, having barely none left. I buttoned up my trench coat and leaned against the brick wall behind me. I sighed, unhappy that I used my last teleportation key. And now I was stuck in London and far from the village I needed to go to. "Back to square one..." I sighed to myself. And now Alois knew that I was alive, and of course him out of all people. I got up, "I'm not going to get there any quicker just standing here.." I muttered to myself as I started walking left. "Are you lost?" I stopped in my tracks, what did this adult man want from me? I turned around to face him. "No." I said sternly, hoping to scare him off from digging deep. "Oh. Are you going home to your parents?" I sighed, what a creep. "Funny." He laughed at my reply. "I'm just saying, not a lot of young children walk down these parts of town alone..." I squinted my eyes. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, he laughed once more. His laugh was annoying.

"Back off or you're going to have a broken nose, you creep." I showed my fist to him and he chuckled. "Do you think you're intimidating? You're adorable." He looked at my suitcase, probably recognising its expensive brand. "Daddy's kid?" that was it. I placed it down softly, looked him square in the eyes and kicked him in the balls. "Ohh!" he fell to the ground with a groan. I grabbed the suitcase, turned around and kept walking. "I'm certainly not getting mugged.. not with what's in my possession." I thought to myself. "Get back here you little.. brat!" I rolled my eyes, turning around. But I was interrupted by a punch to my face. "Agh-!" That was certainly going to leave a bruise.  I opened my eyes, he was still towering over me. "That's what you get!" He yelled, no longer laughing. I put my hand into my other boot and pulled out my dagger, stabbing him directly in the calf. I twisted the dagger and took it out of his leg. "Don't judge a book by its goddamn cover, you goddamn creep." I said sternly, getting up and grabbing my suitcase.  "You... you little asshole..! Somebody get someone..! This brat just tried to kill me...!" His voice got quieter the further I ran away.

"And I thought people were civil." I snarled to myself, blood still dripping from the dagger. I needed to find a way out of this situation. And if I was able to deliver these ingredients without one more interruption, I'd be forever thankful. I stopped in front of a bakery, "A bakery in the middle of this part of the city?" In curiosity, I walked in. It was a warm and welcoming scene. "Hello young child, how may I help you?" A lady welcomed me from behind a small counter. Something didn't feel right as I walked up to her. "What are you doing with a bakery here?" I questioned, putting the dagger back into my boot as to not pose a threat. She smiled sweetly, a smile held a grim secret. "Well, the spot opened up.." She seemed to be waiting for something in between sentences. "..and I've always wanted to be a baker. So.. I decided to.." I felt a tug from my suitcase. 

What appeared to be a 6 year old boy was trying to steal my suitcase. I tugged back and he fell backwards. I turned back to the lady who was gone. And back to the boy who was also gone, with my suitcase. "Crap-!" I fretted, looking around the place for the both of them. I took out my dagger, "How could I have let that damn suitcase go so easily?!" I growled, stabbing the dagger into one of the tables. I then groaned, "Maybe the police can deal with this..." I turned around to the sound of footsteps, ready to attack that bitch. But, it was a boy and another demon. I groaned silently. "Hello? Do you own this place?" he spoke blatantly, and that's when I recognised his voice.