Chapter 17.5, Home

My heartbeat slowed as my crying became soft sniffles. I kept my eyes closed trying to forget the situation, but, how do you forget something so big? I felt so empty yet every emotion was flowing out. I was a mess. And I couldn't even say goodbye after it all. My shattered heart only ached, it too cried out in pain and suffering. And now, I was with the man who killed my family. I opened my eyes to catch a look at our surroundings, we were surrounded by clouds. He presumably flew high and out of sight of potential witnesses.

"Oh, I thought you had fallen asleep." He stated, a half smile laying on his face. He was nostalgic, trusting even. But something was always off about him, like he wasn't who he seemed he was. And he wasn't, he was a murderer. And yet, I still followed him out the door, I still took his hand and I still trusted him. "No.." I shook my head, "I'm just.." I sighed, unable to even piece together my own feelings. "I understand. I feel your stress. Your heart, it aches. I hear your heart cry." He never took his eyes off in front of us. "What do you mean..?" I asked.

"So you don't know?" He countered my question, "..Know what?" I poked. "You are a blessing." He answered. "I know that... but that doesn't answer my original question." I frowned. "Ah. You mustn't know the details then." He started, taking in a breath before he spoke, "I feel your emotions. I feel your physical pain. I know where you are. I know when you are. And that is because you are an extension of myself." He explained. I depressed my brows in confusion, but I also somewhat understood everything. "..Sebastian told me I might have supernatural abilities, is that true..?" I asked, hoping he could explain everything better to me.

He let out a "hm." as if he was thinking. He took a few seconds before he spoke, "That might be the case. But I'll be able to sort it out if it is in fact the opposite. I should've made sure you had the basics before continuing with the ritual but I was in a hurry." He frowned, giving a pondering expression. "A hurry?" I tilted my head in confusion, hoping he would elaborate. He chucked, "Oh, no, it's nothing." He exhaled through his nose, how dare he brush off my question! After a few minutes of silence, another question rose in my mind. "Where are we going anyway..?" I asked, looking forward.

"Home." He blankly answered. "wow, how helpful." I sighed. It seemed getting any more knowledge out of him was going to be difficult. But, I was just as stubborn! "And where is 'home' might I ask?" I nudged him for more answers. "A place, far far away from London. A place far away from all the filth that plagues Europe, the uncleanliness of humankind." He spoke fairly metaphorically, he seemed rather set on the 'unclean' part of reality. "And that is..?" I kept pushing, he would have to break sooner or later. "Home." He replied, again. "Well that went right back in a circle..." I groaned internally.

"I sense your frustration. Trust me, knowing or not is not important. The important part is your arrival at the location." He still held a soft smile. "My arrival?" I wondered. What did this guy want with me anyway? He seemed to slow down, which made not a lick of sense because we were still in the middle of nowhere. "We've arrived." He looked down at me, comfortingly as we started to descend. The clouds became so bright as we passed through that I covered my eyes for a moment. Once I removed my arm we were on grass in front of a rather huge building. He placed me down on my feet and I stabilized myself.

"You are to keep your head down, not make eye contact and do not speak to anyone and everyone who tries to engage. Only speak if I speak to you first. We are simply passing through." He stated, grabbing my hand. I shrugged and kept my head down, I didn't know who those people were and I wasn't trying to find out. We entered the building through two white doors. I only saw the marble flooring as I followed Ash's movements, seeing other shoes in my peripheral vision. "Hey, you!" I heard a voice yell out. I subconsciously peeked my head up but Ash was quick to shove it down. "..ow..." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Remember what I said, Y/N." He reminded me quite harshly. "Yeah, yeah.." I sighed. "When I agreed to let you use this place as a passage point I do not remember authorizing you to bring humans with you." A familiar voice scolded Ash.

Finally! (BOOK 1) - Alois x Reader x CielOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara