Chapter 13, Verbatim

"Ciel...?" I gave a confused look, it was if everything came back to me. My nose bled once again. "We need to get out of here Y/N.." He whispered and I nodded. "I'll explain everything.." I grabbed his hand and we both jumped out of the window, Sebastian caught us flawlessly. "So.. do you remember anything?" Ciel asked. "I remember it all. The fake and the real.." I wiped some blood off of my face as Sebastian ran through the trees. "Did he hurt you?" Ciel asked, again. This time wearily. "I'd say no.. but I do have a mysterious cut on my palm. I'm not sure if it's from them or not." I held my hand up, my palm facing Ciel. "Oh dear.. that is a mighty cut indeed, Silversfield. We must patch it up when we arrive at the Phantomhive Manor." Sebastian added to the conversation. "I assume they did nothing to do as said? Not even a small bandage?" I shook my head. "Oh, I did seem to find a bloodied-up mirror shard in the guest bedroom of the Trancy Manor. What not up-to-standard for a butler. Let alone five!" Sebastian stated.

"Bloodied up shard?" Ciel questioned, I nodded. "I had found it too. Every mirror appeared to be shattered, broken to the point where not even one mirror was visibly useful." I crossed my arms, "Ah, that is because the hypnotising technique they used would be easily dispelled by you simply seeing your own reflection." Sebastian smiled. "Huh. That makes me wonder why that one mirrors shards were everywhere.. every other mirror was completely shattered and covered without mess." I wondered. Ciel chuckled, "How much bad luck would all those mirrors equate to? Years? A lifetime?" He smirked, watching the road. "My assumption is that a demon would have carried out the task. Simply punching mirrors like that would surely leave a mark on ones hand. When we had that chase scene earlier, I did not see such an injury on anyone's knuckles." The demon pondered.

"Maybe so.. hey!" Ciel stopped Sebastian abruptly. Sebastian looked puzzled, "What is it, young master?","Down there!" Ciel pointed downward at a villager. "I recognise you!" Sebastian jumped down to the said villager, placing the both of us down. Alas; it was the kidnapper who said he was my uncle! "Ciel, how do you know this guy?" I recalled him not being conscious whilst we were around him. "My question exactly..." Ciel put his hand on his chin, thinking. "You two again. Ciel Phantomhive and Y/N Silversfield. What do you kids want?" He crossed his arms. "We want to know what you're doing walking to the Trancy Household's Manor!" Ciel's hands fell to his sides. "List your intentions." I crossed my arms too. "I am to deliver a letter to them." He pulled out an envelope. Ciel chuckled, "At this hour? Don't make me laugh.","Actually. I'll pay you if you do something for me." I approached the man, forgetting that I was still in sleep attire. "And what is that?" He seemed interested. I leaned into his ear, "I'll pay you as much money as you wish if you retrieve a ring from inside the manor." He smiled at my proposal.

"And what does this ring look like?","Sapphire blue, could be in a ring box. Scour as much as you need, get that ring and I pay you thousands of pounds. Come back empty handed and.." I motioned to Sebastian, "You can assume." He nodded to the deal, repositioning himself upward. "I accept your deal." We shook each others hand. I pulled him inward one last time, "Return to the Phantomhive manor once you have the ring. You have 3 days, you don't show up by then and I'll make sure every inch of your body is drowned out by pain and suffering. Deal! Deal." I smiled sweetly and threw him back up. "Shall we continue?" I turned back to Ciel and Sebastian, my smile dropping. They nodded and we went back up into the trees. "My, what an interesting deal that sounded like. Tell me, what was it about?" Sebastian smiled. "It is of unimportance at the current moment. I assure you, you will eventually find out. (one way or another)." I crossed my arms. "Fair. It must be of interesting standards for you to make a threat with a creature you ever-so hate." Ciel smirked, I sighed. "I'll admit, he's growing on me." I watched the trees from underneath us.

"Lovely to hear, especially from you, Silversfield." Sebastian said with smug lining his voice. "That still does not justify the others' acts. I will always hold such hatred in my heart for creatures so vile.","Your point is fair." Sebastian answered. "But you shall not worry, Silversfield. I will make sure you do not meet your same demise.." His eyes flashed between Ciel and I, "..Anyway! Ah, look; we're here!" He smiled, landing safely in front of the Phantomhive manor. "That was rather quick." I stated as he put up down. "Say, that deal, was it anything major for such a threat?" Ciel questioned as we walked to the front door. "Hm.. maybe, or maybe not. Don't push on it, as I said earlier; you'll find out eventually." I rubbed my hands wound, still wondering how I obtained it. "Don't you think it'd be better if we chose a specific hide out? We all know the second Trancy finds out you've taken me back; they'll charge the manor again." I crossed my arms. "Indeed. We're taking certain precautions, though. I've made many exit points, both secret and open. Exiting shall not be a problem." Sebastian stated, unlocking the door.

"And as for if they use sneaking over violence?" I let my arms drop to their sides. "They can't. You know it, Silversfield: The aura of a demon can get strong when nearby. I'd expect it would be fairly easy to sense if a demon was trying. I would highly doubt Trancy himself would be able to do so, he may look tough on the outside, but that boy is very soft, not strong enough to pull off such a task.","Hm." I smiled at his point, finding it doltishly pitiful. He was not wrong, Trancy would never be able to do such a thing. "How long was I dead?" I could feel Sebastian's eyes land on me as we walked up the stairs. "I was unable to tell time in that specific area of history. It felt like hours. Perhaps it was months? Years, even?" I questioned, genuine curiosity peeking my brain. "Dead? Mm, so you were dead. There were a lot of papers doubting the sudden news. We all thought you faked your passing and ran." He crossed his arms. "Huh? No.. At least, I think I died. I have no way to explain the situation. It was sort of like I fell asleep with a loud bang, but I had no dream. I was paralysed, all I saw was black. Though, I still wonder if there's anything new I haven't found.." I asked.

"When did you wake up exactly?" Ciel stopped in front of his bedroom door, I stopped in front of the guest rooms door. "I am unsure. Anyway; we can speak about it in the morning. Goodnight, Phantomhive." I closed the door behind myself. I decided to sit down on the bed, everything neat and tidy. "Is sleep even an option right now?" I exhaled, laying myself on my back. "The second I awoke.. I was afraid.. it felt like my skin was burning but I stood up and off of the table anyway. That day.. I escaped with my life. But did I really?" I stopped, even chuckling to myself. "Maybe so. I do trust those two will awaken me if things go south, I haven't slept in a while anyway." I turned to my side, not bothering covering myself in blankets. I ended up not dreaming that night, as always. I hadn't have dreamt in a long time, not since the incident. I was not like I had simply awoken the next day, it was all black. Just like the time I had 'died', exactly so. Verbatim.