Chapter 10.5, No More Spiders, No More Ravens

I awoke feeling strange. I was not bound, I was comfy. It had seemed like I was just asleep peacefully. I sat up, bed sheets falling off of my torso. "Where am I..?" I thought audibly to myself. "Is this... another hallucination?" I held my head with my right hand and looked downward. I was laying on a bed with white sheets and a white blanket. The room was rather familiar, yet, I was unable to grab a grasp of where it was from. "Oh.. Ciel?" I looked around, I was alone. But yet, I had spotted a shattered mirror with a direct point, showing that it had been punched. Glass sparkled in the morning sunlight. Had I slept in the whole day? "Ah.." I hissed in pain, now realising something was off about my left hand. I lifted it, blood dripped off of my palm and stained the sheets. The blood strangely looked smeared, this rang confusion. "What happened.. again...?" I moved my legs to the side of the bed and let them hang off. I tapped the sheets with my non-injured hand, hoping it would help me think. "Sebastian.. fought Claude... And there was.. three demons?" I exhaled and let my shoulders drop. "I took Ciel and we ran to a so called safe room. We were found by Claude.. no.." My memory flashed back and forth as if it was shifted. "..Sebastian? And we.. escaped through a small tunnel.. Ciel.. no.." I coughed, my lungs felt weak. "Alois... Alois...?" I looked out the window. It made so much sense, I was in the guest bedroom. "Alois.. and I escaped but were caught.. no.. rescued by Claude.. I think..."

I let my feet touch the cold flooring, I stumbled forward a few steps but caught my balance. "Something.. seems wrong." I walked slowly toward the mirror and its shards, bending down to get a look at them. Something flashed in the corner of my eye, I snapped my head toward it. It was another shard, farther than the rest. I crawled over to it and picked it up, it was lined with blood. The way it was sitting suggested it was never meant to be found, but why? I got back up on my two feet, I had a rather large headache. My memory seemed so false, but it made so much sense. A door opened to the right of me, I turned to face the person who'm entered. It was Claude, "Awake rather late, Silversfield?" He bowed, a cloth in hand. I stepped back with caution, but I felt at ease. "How.. when..." I exhaled and he repositioned himself, and walked over to me. "Alois has been waiting for you. It's best not to keep him waiting." He put his hand on my shoulder and guided me back to the bed. I got a sharp pain in my head, as if I had deja-vu. "I've prepared a wardrobe for today that best suits today's occasion." He grabbed some clothing from a nearby dresser. Everything told me to run, but I did not. It was like I was being repelled. 

He walked over to me and started undressing me, I was able to slap him away. "I can do such a thing myself, I don't need help.. what is this 'occasion' anyway?" He smiled and nodded, stepping back and standing tall. "A wedding, of course. Alois' uncle just got his hand in a marriage with a beautiful lady. May I help you with anything else?" I shook my head to his question and he walked off without another word. I looked at my injury, the blood that flowed out left a large dark red stain on the bed sheets. I got up and let my hand fall to its side. I undressed myself and redressed myself in the newer attire. It was perfectly my size, unsurprising for a demon. I opened the door and Hana stood directly in the doorway with her hands behind her back. "Am I to direct you to the dining room?" She smiled sweetly, it was fairly bittersweet. I shook my head, "No, I'm sure I can find my way around without help." I waved her off and walked down the hall. I remembered the layout of the manor, but, why did I remember that place so well? "I am unsure why I walk toward this boy. I know that I'll..." I sighed, "Never mind, I've forgotten my wording." I said to myself. I slowed down to the sound of Alois' giggle.

I was almost at the dining room, I decided to eavesdrop and pretend I was fixing my clothing. "Oh, it's wonderful isn't it?" Alois said, joy lining his words. "Yes, your highness. I've done what you've wanted and every mirror is gone." Claude responded. "Mirror? Why would they need to remove any mirrors?" I thought to myself. I felt a demons cold touch trace my shoulders. "Shall we get you moving, Silversfield?" Hana spoke softly. I removed her hands off of me, "I can walk on my own, demon. I don't need assistance." I turned to her, looking her in the eye. "Oh, I'd beg to differ." She grabbed my left hand with both of hers. Her finger traced my wound, "You seem injured. May I bandage your wound?" Her eyes felt hypnotising, I looked away. I jumped by the sound of Claude's voice from behind me. "They'll be fine, Hana. Resort to the guest bedroom and tidy the room." Hana nodded to Claude's orders and walked away without a word. My hand dropped to its side once again, I turned toward the demon. "This way." He motioned toward the dining room. I nudged him to the side as I entered the room. "And you've arrived!" Alois giggled and ran up toward me. "I'm so glad you're finally awake, Y/N!" He smiled in glee, wrapping his arms around me. It was rather uncomfortable. "Sadly, we must spend the day at my dumb uncle's wedding. I can't believe someone would even choose him in marriage!" He laughed jeeringly and took a few steps backward.

"Maybe he was able to find a maiden because all of that useless cash I gave him. It's nothing but garbage to me." He rolled his eyes, and took my right hand. "Ooh! We have the best breakfast today. Some eggs with a side of hash, Sebastian makes the best food!" He dragged me over to a seat, sitting me down. Claude walked out of the room, I assumed to prepare the meal. "Oh, Y/N, I had the silliest dream last night." He rested his hands on his face, "I dreamt that I was being picked apart by ravens, slowly. Ooh, it tickled at first. But, then it started to hurt." He put one of his hands on my arm. "That's when I realised they were picking away at my skin, eating me slowly." His hand moved up to my face, he poked at it as I stared blankly at him. "Pluck, pluck, pluck! They cawed so loudly through the misty night." His hand rested on my face. "But then, you came through the shadows with your hand extended. And you saved me! You saved me Y/N, saved me from those pesky ravens." He smiled. "Ah, but, something scary happened. A spider crawled out from your left hand, I tried to kill it. But you wouldn't let me." His hand fell down to my shoulder, "Oh, Y/N, the spider was in control of you. So I stole it from you and I threw it down the drain!" He giggled, returning his hand back to himself. "No more spiders! No more ravens! Just you and I, Silversfield." He leaned in, his breath hitting my face "And I'm not letting anyone stop us from our destiny."