Chapter 8.5, A Lovely Death

"Could this boy.. possibly be helping?" Ciel turned to me in confusion as I stared him down. "It'd be more reasonable if the woman made the pact, but if the boy made that pact; it could've been even more reasonable. We have motive, maybe wanting an escape? Following the trail that he went missing a couple years ago, he could've been kidnapped and exploited?" Ciel examined the little boys body for himself. "Bruises.. I'd assume he was hit if he didn't do as.. the woman pleased." I sighed, suggesting abuse. "Are you suggesting he was forced to do things?" He looked at me once more. "Most likely stealing. But... there might be more. Did you two examine the bakery? Possibly a basement?" Ciel looked confused and flipped to a page in the second folder that held the photos of the scenes. "Secret room maybe?" He pointed his finger at a photo of the seats. "Suggesting a trap door? Maybe under one of the tables." He nodded to my question. "We should go investigate do a second sweep of the place." He got up, I also got up, hesitantly though. "Claude, what was the address again?" He fixed his collar and Sebastian picked up the folders, fixing them by clicking them on the table. Sebastian explained the address and Ciel nodded. "We shall leave right now." I grabbed Ciel's arm. "But what about Alois?" I looked him in the eye as he turned to look at me. "We should be fine." He shook my hand off of his arm, "And plus, we have you." He half smiled at me and continued forward. Sebastian gave me a side eye as he walked past me. 

"Alex? Are you coming?" I looked at Ciel who had already reached the doorway. I nodded and followed the two men. We exited the manor and left for a carriage who picked us up in order to take us to the bakery. I looked down the entire ride not letting anyone seem my face. "Something wrong, Alex?" Ciel put his hand on my shoulder and I jumped, I seemed to have wandered off mentally. "Oh. Yes, I am fine. I am just thinking about the case." I looked back at the floor. "If she really has more children, and they're still in that bakery.. that means they might not have eaten in a while." I fretted for the children's lives and wellbeing. "We should arrive in time to give us enough--" He was cut off by the carriage stopping. "Oh, we're here." Sebastian opened the door and got out. Ciel moved to the end of the seat but the carriage started moving. "Are you dumb? We're still in here!" Ciel turned angrily at the carriage driver. She giggled,a familiar giggle. "Uh oh.. Ciel..." I turned to him and he turned to me. He facepalmed "Don't.. please don't tell me.. Alois cross-dressed.." I took one look at the carriage driver. She had blonde hair, Alois' blonde hair. "How did we fall for this? Who booked this carriage?!" I was more angry than scared. "It was fairly easy to catch you two this time." He giggled once again revealing that in fact; it was actually him. "I gotta give you credit, I was not expecting that one." Ciel hit me lightly. "Don't joke about such a situation Alex." I sighed letting my smile drop. 

"Fine, fine. May we get out of here?" I gestured to the door and Ciel nodded. It had closed after the carriage started moving. Ciel grabbed the handle and pushed, no budging. "Oh, might I add the doors are stuck? Only a demon can open them." I could feel Alois' grin. "Wait, let me see if I got this." I turned to my side and pushed with all my might; it didn't budge. I kicked, actually starting to get anxiety. Ciel started punching his side, I stopped him. "What if we directed both of our strength to one side?" His face had a look of realisation and we mutually agreed to try and break open his door. I kicked and punched as Ciel punched and pushed. And.. crash! The door flung open and I stopped it before it flung closed. "Ah hah!" I jumped out and Ciel jumped into my arms. I placed him firmly on the ground, "Good thing I didn't have to use this.." I pulled out a knife that I had usefully had on me. "Wh-.. whatever." Ciel shrugged it off and we both ran down the opposite way. Then realised we weren't being chased. "Hmmm... something seems off.." I said to Ciel, my gut feeling spiking me hard to jump to the left. "Ciel. Left.","What?" He looked at me in confusion, I didn't bother to look at him but I pushed him to the left and jumped with him. Out of nowhere; a spear came flinging from the sky directly where Ciel was standing. "What the bloody hell?!","Where did that come from.." I thought out loud, getting another gut feeling to move backward. I pushed Ciel back and grabbed the spear. Another spear came from the sky. 

"I- Ciel... do you think this could be the third demon?!" I looked at him with worry, He nodded, "Most likely!" He carefully and slowly got up. Another gut feeling to move right. I saw a spear in the sky heading straight for Ciel. It was as if my gut wasn't guarding myself, but yet, Ciel. The world seemed to slow as I jumped for Ciel, throwing the spear to the side. My feet lifted the ground and I pushed Ciel to the side, but alas; I was unable to save myself. The time returned to normal as I felt a sharp object pierce my back. I got off of Ciel, feeling light. I looked down and saw a spear right through me. "Well that's... not.. good..." I collapsed onto my side and threw up blood. "You idiots! I said to aim for Ciel, and specifically NOT  Y/N!!" Alois jumped out of the shadows and three demons jumped from the supposed sky. They were in a nearby tree the whole time.  Ciel crawled over to me. "Did he just.. say Y/N?" I shook my head. "No... nono.. I don't know.." I exhaled, coughing up more blood. "Whatever.. I'm dying... Ciel I guess it's best off I tell you now." Ciel wiped some blood off of my face. "Alex.. please.. tell me...!" I smiled under my breath, he's still the same Ciel. "My name was never Alex Hertlair..." I slowly raised my hand to meet his face. "I tried pretty hard to hide it but I knew you've always known.. I'm Y/N.. Y/N Silversfield." I breathed with labour. It seemed so surreal, almost just like how I'd died last time; but, this time, was different. My hand fell to the ground with a thump and a ringing filled my ears.

"SOMEBODY GET SOMEONE!!"