Chapter 15, Toujours

WE'RE ALMOST ABOUT TO SURPASS MY HORRID BOOK FROM 2020 YIPPEE

update: WE DID MWAAHAHAHAHA

~~

I have my doubts about the death of my family. When it first happened; I was escorted away by these suspicious people. One of them had an obvious gun, I didn't trust them when they said that they had connections to the queen. And rightfully so. They took me away from the press -- of which I was thankful for -- and proceeded to lock me up in a room. Apparently they then held me for ransom and told the press I had died too. When they didn't get the money they wanted, I was shot and killed in an instant. Too bad I didn't die though. Or did I? I am still not sure.

[:]

Claude took the both of us away from the window. I was unsure of why I was confused that he left Hannah there to die. It's obvious he's only in it for himself. In all ways, I was confused. But I was mostly focused on who shot the bullet, Ciel and I never planned to attack the Trancy Manor. Did something come up and he had to resort to firing? Many questions raced my mind as Claude ran us down the stairs. I decided that I'd do nothing, maybe the attacker was someone completely different.

He turned to the triplet demons and instructed them to guard the manor. They all nodded silently and went their separate ways. "Claude, get us away!" Alois begged, tears falling down his face. Who would ever want a soul so sour? Another gunshot had rang, this time it was closer. Glass shattered in the distance and that was our queue to leave. The demon walked out the door gracefully, not a shot of panic or any emotion at all had traced his eyes. 

He was quite peaceful, he had a plan. He quickly jumped into a tree, such height like that was rather impressive. He placed Alois and I down on a branch. "I will go take care of the attacker. You two stay here." He commanded, hopping down and running back into the building. A lot of firing from weapons.

Alois twitched at the sound of the disruptive noises, burying his face in my shoulder. I sighed, he sure acted confident for such an easily breakable person. "HERTLAIRRR!" a familiar voice called. Alois jumped, "Who is that!?" he yelled. Of course it was one of the servants. Did Ciel forget to inform them?! I grabbed Alois'  wrist and covered his mouth, if we got caught the plan would fail. I held Alois back as Finny passed by.

I felt Alois' tears drip down my hand as his breathing slowed. He lightly gripped my wrist with his other hand. And then, 2 more appeared, great. "Are you sure they're here? We've searched everywhere!" Mey-rin yelled quite loudly. I noticed that there was a sniper rifle on her back, quite out of character. "Yeah! In the notes I found, they should be around here somewhere.." Finny muttered. The three triplets popped out from nowhere, saying nothing. "Oh it seems we're not alone anymore.." Mey-rin grabbed her rifle, positioning her glasses upon her head. Timber, Thompson and Canterbury each got ready to take on a servant.

Their fight was quickly interrupted before it could have even started. The sound of Claude stopped the six. Everyone turned to him. "My, isn't it quite rude to break onto ones property a half an hour before breakfast?" I felt a wave of comfort come upon the two of us, I let go of Alois. "I knew he would come fix it all.." Alois shakily said underneath his breath. "It's better off if you servants leave, did Phantomhive send you?" He maintained a proper posture. The three servants looked at each other, then back to Claude. "I.." Mey-rin started. "That's exactly what I had thought. Leave and I wont inform the Phantomhive manor of your disobedience of orders."

They scurried off as the Triplets stood beside each other in union. "You three are to go tend to Hannah, I'm sure she's fine anyway. I'll tend to the masters." They nodded and ran off. Claude grabbed the both of us and took us inside. I got to see Hannah. She sat, cleaning blood off of her other dress just as normal, like nothing had happened. ,,Strange. I thought she would have left Claude and Alois by now. What is holding her back?" I thought to myself as we made eye contact. I thought of what she said earlier "You cheated me, didn't you?

Emptiness filled her eyes, completing her blank expression. I looked away, it was still early in the morning but the whole event tired the both of us out. Alois held onto my arm, brushing it up and down. "Y/N I'm glad you're still here... I had so much planned for us but I can tell you're tired.." I turned to him and grabbed the both of his hands, leaning in beside his ear, "Alois, Je vous aimerai pour toujours.." I whispered softly. A phrase that means ,,I will love you forever''

If I could buy myself more time, If I could convince Alois I was still truly under his spell, maybe I could finally get rid of him. I just needed to buy Ciel more time so he could finish his part of the deal. His eyes lit up, "Toujours?" I smiled, I had no clue he knew French. "Toujours." I responded. He pulled me in for a hug "Menteur." his aura shifted as I felt a sharp pain into my back.

.

.

.

"Liar?"