Chapter 1.5, The Search Begins

Earl Ciel Phantomhive, the queen's new guard dog stood right in the doorway with a demon. "It seems everyone has a demon apparently." I muttered to myself. "Hello?" I sighed, "No, I don't own this place. In fact; the person who does own it just stole my suitcase." I took the dagger out of the table, which now had a large hole in it. "May you explain what the owner did look like?" He questioned, walking in further. "Look, I'm not here to be questioned or whatever. I'm here to take my suitcase back." I stood up from leaning, putting the dagger back into my boot. "Well we can help you find it if you help us." I looked at him, distraught over my face. I was pretty hungry and tired from running around. "Fine." I then explained what she looked like, and what her son looked like. "Are you sure that's her son? He fits a missing case from 3 years ago for a boy named Robert Seal." Ciel sat across from me. "Don't ask me, I wasn't around here in those times." He raised a brow at this remark.

"Hmm.. I don't know, I feel like I've at least seen you once here before." He questioned. I fixed my collar to hide my face better. "Well I've only seen you in the paper so I can't say the same for you." I lied. If he knew who I really was, it would only slow my plan further. I caught a glimpse of the demon, he glared at me. I sighed, "Well, that suitcase has some... important things in it. If you are to find it, please contact me. I'll be staying in one of the nearby Inns." I stood up. "It's black leather, expensive brand. You can only open it with a key, but I know they'll find a way to break it open. You can't miss it." I started walking toward the door. "And that's all you know?" I turned back to him, "Why would I hold back information that would hold importance to me?" and I continued out.

I walked down the street, completely done with that day. And yet, it just started. I entered the nearest Inn, one I've stayed in before. "One room, three days." I put my money on the counter and in return the receptionist gave me a key, not saying a word like last time. I walked to my room, 3, and entered. I unbuttoned my boots. putting them in the closet and doing the same with my trench coat. I looked out the window, watching people gather at the river. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, what could it be that they're gathering around? And of course, Ciel and his demon were on the case, creating a hole in the crowd; revealing two dead bodies. The two people who stole from me. My eyes widened, my suitcase was still gone. It was an obvious robbery, but Ciel might think I found and killed them for it back. I got up, quickly closing the curtains. 

I needed to get out of there and find whoever was framing me. I then heard a knock at the door, I quickly put on my trench coat. "One second-!" I buttoning it up as quick as I could. More knocking. I buttoned up my boots and ran up to the door, debating opening it. I finally opened it slowly, to the face of two policemen. "We have concerns that your role in this case is bigger, please follow us." I quickly pushed both of them out of the way and ran, I wasn't doing a good job at not being suspicious. I threw the key onto the counter and ran out the door. I pushed past people running to the most discreet spot in the city. "Over there!" I heard them yell from behind me as I cut a corner and hid in an alleyway beside two buildings. I heard them enter the alleyway and I walked around the building I was behind, running the opposite direction than the police men. I went straight, then took a left to the more crowded part of the city. "I need to change.." I said quietly to myself. I spotted a tailor and entered quickly. I picked out some random clothing quickly and changed, giving the man running the shop some money and hastily walking out.

I was hard to spot, but my face was easily visible. I threw my old clothes into an alleyway near the tailor and held my head downward whilst walking to a park. I heard the policemen coming this direction, "How did they find me so quickly?- well, I guess Ciel told them. Bugger." I thought to myself as I picked up pace. I ran up to a random lady, "I'll pay you to act like my mother." Showing her a check of 31 pounds. She nodded and we walked beside each other. I applauded myself silently for a sneaky method. "Walk me to that corner over there and you get your check." She nodded and we headed to that corner. "Thank you." I handed her the check and ran off, hiding in a cafe near the river the bodies were found. I unintentionally headed the direction they were found, but taking the accident as a blessing in disguise, I was certainly going to inspect that place once I got the cops off my trail. I just needed to wait long enough.