Chapter 0.5, Stupid Little Key

I woke up, sun drowning my eyes. For a second, I forgot where I was. My dream was dark and quiet but something about it scared me. I was alone, sitting on the cold ground of a void. The ground covered in grass and the only light coming from what seemed like a hole in the sky. Nothing happened from my memory, but if anything did, it certainly scared me. I sat up, taking in my surroundings. I heard a muffled voice that sounded like Alois from the next room over. I decided to listen in and leaned my head against the wall, I got a partial conversation. "Claude why... guest?" He sounded curious as usual. "Because you're.... glaring at.. weird.." he sounded annoyed. "...Just a dog.. they'll be... few hours...." The clicking of footsteps filled the room, then a door opened and closed softly. 

I assumed they both left the room and I got up myself. I put on my trench coat which had became dry from overnight, then slid on both my boots and buttoning them up tight. If they really did know who I was, I know I'd be dead by now. I took an extra step just in case they didn't. As I went to grab my suitcase I was stopped by a large clash from the room beside me of which I thought was empty. It sounded like a dresser had been thrown. Then a loud growl, which was obviously from Alois. "I'm sick of this!" he exclaimed loudly, it was clear through the walls. I heard many footsteps race toward the room beside mine, then a door opening quickly. "Clean this up! I SAID CLEAN IT UP YOU PATHETIC CREATURES!!" The second statement made the many people quickly start doing what I assumed was cleaning up whatever had happened.

"You make me sick." His voice carried as he exited the room and out to the hall. I exhaled, grabbing my suitcase and putting it on the bed. I needed to make sure nothing was stolen. I got my key from under my tongue and unlocked the suitcase, opening it gently and scanning the contents inside. The fake contents were still there and the pocket was left sealed. I sighed in relief. I closed and locked the suitcase, grabbing the key. I was startled by the door opening and the key fell in front of me. "A key?" Alois' voice was made clear to me. I crouched down to grab it but he put his foot on it. I looked up at him, "Are you going to give me my key back?" We locked our eyes and I got up. 

"Hmmm.." He smiled, then bending over and grabbing the key. I tried to grab it but he backed up and laughed. "This silly old thing is rather important to you isn't it?" He looked it up and down, then putting it in his pocket. "I think I'll keep it.","Please return it, it is of utmost importance to me." I tried a nicer route, not wanting to fight him, he's a brat but a rich one. "Oh?" He giggled, "Well I'll make a deal then! I give you your stupid key and you finally show me your face!" He smiled, "Deal?" he tempted, shaking the key in front of me. I looked at the key, then his face. "I'll pay you instead." I stuffed my hand into my pocket. "Oh no. I don't want stupid cash, I have no use for the stupid coins and paper or any of that crap." He rolled his eyes and I stopped rummaging in my pocket. I exhaled, thinking of any other way to get the key back that did not result in violence. He smiled at my dread "You have no other way~" He said in a sing-song tone. I groaned, taking in a breath, he was right. I unbuttoned the top of my trench coat, revealing my face to him.