Chapter 9, Claude Returns

"SOMEBODY GET SOMEONE!" Ciel screamed. "You mutt! It's all your fault!" Alois walked up to Ciel. "If you weren't here, this wouldn't have happened."  He blamed Ciel, even though he knew it was all his fault for conducting the attack in the first place. "You have nothing against me, Trancy! You conducted this whole thing and created bloody hell! And now someone is dead because all you wanted was for your selfish gain!" Ciel went off and Alois stepped back. "You dare defile my name?! Hana; take care of this foolish brat." Alois turned to Hana who'm walked out of an alley. "Yes, your highness." She walked up to Ciel and grabbed him by the neck. That same gut feeling struct me as if I was still alive. "Phantomhive you are better off dead." She grabbed him by the neck, "Put me down you- you foolish demon!" He kicked as she rose him higher. My hand balled up into a fist and my eyes shot open, I jumped as if I had a second wind. I tore the spear out of my stomach, the hole there filling and healing quickly, and in a second it had left as if it was never there. "What.. the bloody.. hell?!" Ciel said in between gasps. I threw the spear at Hana with as much might as I could, she barely turned her head before she could've been hit.

Ciel fell to the ground as she lost her grip. "A spear from a demon, one that can hurt another, right?" I turned to Ciel and looked him in his confused face. "Don't ask me, Ciel." I smiled goofily to light up the already dark situation. I grabbed him bridal-style and ran to the carriage and put him in. "You think that blow was enough to take me down?!" I turned to Hana who was running toward me full-speed with that same spear. I turned to the side and grabbed a stick that was conveniently on the ground, surprisingly that same stick from the forest. I was able to reflect the spear with it, we both pushed so hard that we flung ourselves backward. I reflected as many moves as my arms could take, but eventually it gave out. I dodged a hit and it went over my shoulder, I grabbed the spear but she back-flipped and landed on top, weighing nothing. "This is what I get from fighting a demon, 'eh?" I sighed at the impossibility of the situation, how did I end up in this situation? She took my thinking moment to her advantage and jumped on the end of the spear, making me fall on my face and giving her a chance to grab back the spear.

"You're a great fighter, I'll give you that Silversfield. But I cannot let you interfere." I tried stopping the spear with my sore arm but the spear went straight through my hand. "Ah!" I held my arm in pain as blood spilled out of the wound. "You fucking soul nibbler!... is that what you wanted me to say?" I smiled and took the spear out of my hand, the wound quickly healed. She looked confused but understanded that she could not win a battle against someone like I. I pushed her against a nearby brick wall and held the spear up against her chin. "I'll kill you right now, even though the wound wont be fatal. But it seems your minions are doing something right behind me so.. ta ta~!" I shoved the spear up and into her head until I saw the spear on the other side of her head.  I took it up and her body fell to the ground, demons blood dripped off of the spear. I spun around quickly seeing three other demons, seemingly triplets, racing toward Ciel. I ran toward them and jumped in front of the three. They said not a thing as they each pulled out their own spears.

Two of the three had a spear, I assumed I had the thirds. I wasn't sure how I was going to face three people with only me on my side. Let alone three demons. But that was until I heard Sebastian. "Oh no, oh no no no. Are you fighting other demons, Silversfield?" He jumped down from a building and landed effortlessly beside me. "Well I wouldn't be needing to if you were there for Ciel for once." I scolded him as he just sighed, "It seems my thoughts are true, which is quite disappointing. Ah well, shall we?" He smiled and revealed six silver butter knives, three in each hand. "I'd question the sharpness of those knives but I trust you 'Claude'." I turned back to the three demons. "The one who'm strikes first is certainly the one who shall never strike last." I said under my breath, a small saying my father would always tell me whilst teaching me how to fight. "John Silversfield." He smiled at me, I smiled back. The two demons with spears charged first, in sync. Sebastian deflected the attacks with his knives, sparks flew. He seemed to whisper something to the two demons. I was unable to hear it through the running.

In front of me came the third twin who had acquired a metal pole. I deflected the pole with a swipe and he fell a few steps backward. I rubbed my arm of which was in pain. "At least give a warning yell or something.." I scolded the demon. "Ah, but these folks.." He jumped onto the spear that one of the triplets had stabbed at him with. "..They aren't very much talkers." He smiled and stabbed the two he was against in the heads with his knives. They fell to the ground. I turned back to the one who I had reflected and he was coming back at me. I dodged the first stab but was unable to dodge getting hit hard in the head the second time. A loud clang came from where I stood. I rubbed my head and my vision was blurry. "My god... that was hard hit." I exhaled through my teeth, gritting them. "Heads up!" I heard Sebastian's voice from the right of me. I turned to him but as soon as I did; I got hit once more with that same metal pole. "Agh!" I held my head. I was able to accidentally dodge the third attack by stumbling to the side. I felt a warm liquid drip onto my face; I presumed to was blood. My vision restored and I dodged the forth attack.

I stabbed him through the stomach whilst he tried getting a running start on me. He ran so deep into it that we met face-to-face. He went limp. I heard applause from behind Sebastian and I. "Bravo, Silversfield. That was quite a show!" Alois giggled, I dropped the spear, speechless. "You have no more demons to plague us with.. I am afraid we've won." Sebastian smiled at Alois, Alois' smiled did not drop though. "Oh; but you're wrong." He smiled and clapped twice. Hana and the triplets rose, their eyes red. "Wh- Seb.. Claude what is this?" I turned to Sebastian who even he had a look of fear on his face. "I deeply apologise Silversfield, but I do not know.." Sebastian fretted even though he tried to look relaxed and unthreatened. I swallowed, I had a terrible feeling. The real Claude then came down from the sky. Alois giggled, "You have nothing against us, Silversfield. I'll finally kill Ciel and have you to myself!" He laughed evilly, his tongue had Sebastian's pact symbol on it. Claude did not have red eyes, but it was obvious that he was controlling the demons who did. They were clearly acting against their will, because they were certainly still limp. "Claude... I think we need to get out of here." I stepped back. Sebastian nodded, "You take Ciel to the safe room in the manor, that place is untouched by the renovations. I'll deal with this problem." Sebastian instructed me, I nodded and ran to the carriage. 

I picked him up and quickly ran out and toward the manor. "What the bloody hell are you doing?! What's going on out there?!" Ciel was obviously confused. "Alois has Claude back and Claude seems to be controlling the other demons. Even after we temporarily killed them; they still rose." I fretted for Ciel's safety. There was a large bang from where we ran away from and the sound of sliding came our way. I looked to the left of me, where it was coming, and I saw Sebastian sliding about the same speed as I. "What are you doing? Run faster!" I nodded to Sebastian's command and sprinted faster.  I looked behind me and he jumped, returning to the original sight. I turned back to the front of me and I could already see the wooded area of which surrounded the Phantomhive manor. "Where did Sebastian tell you to take me?" Ciel looked to the front of us. "The safe room..","We don't have a safe room!" I stopped in the middle of my tracks. "Then were are we going?!" I took a second to breathe. "Are you sure you don't have... a safe room?","Not to my knowledge.." my face lit up, "Do you have blueprints of the manor?" I turned to Ciel, he nodded. "I never bothered to look through them but it seems right now would be the perfect time to do so." I nodded back and I ran into the manor.