Chapter 5.5, A Small Village

I woke up to sun drowning my eyes and birds chirping. My head laid on Ciel's shoulder as the morning breeze passed by the both of us. "...Already..? I don't.. remember any dreams." I furrowed my eyebrows, noticing my lack of memory for the following night. I put my hand on my chest, my heartbeat was irregular. "Something.. happened last night... something's.. wrong." I looked down to see Ciel's leg. "Oh.. right." I got up slowly. Everything was sore but that wasn't going to stop me. I grabbed the book and picked Ciel up bridal style, putting the book on his chest. I walked down the path away from the Trancy mansion, the grass hit my ankles; tickling them. The path came to a halt, I was stopped by a bridge that needed to be lowered. The paralleled cliff was too far to jump across. "If only we knew where your silly demon was.." I looked down at his face, sound asleep. I couldn't help but crack a half smile at his dream-like state. I shook my head and snapped out of it. "It really makes me wonder how I got here on my own... I don't.. remember....?" I put Ciel down on the grass with the book in his hands.

The bridge was suspended too high, it was too steep to try and climb. I looked around, getting an idea. I looked at the bridges under-side, examining its set up. If I was to cut the rope underneath it, the bridge would clash down and I'd be able to cut the other side from the extended reach. But how would I cut the rope? I turned to Ciel, my eyes fell onto his sleeping face. "I'd expect him to have something.. but Alois stripped us.." I then turned to the small wooded area in front of the manor. "Maybe a rock.. or a stick...?" I ran over to the wooded area and grabbed the sharpest rocks and sticks there was. I ran back over to the bridge and dragged Ciel to the edge of the cliff. "You're not leaving my sight again.. at least not for now..." I patted him on the shoulder and started trying to cut the rope with every rock and stick I had. And.. it worked!

A large clash rang throughout the sky and I ran across the bridge to quickly try and do the other side. But I had overestimated my reach, and I was too far. It then clicked; I stood up and got a running start. I jumped as far and as high as I could and grabbed the top of the second half. I brought myself over the other side and fell directly down to the other side. "Yes..!" I then cut the rope on that bridge and ran across it to grab Ciel. I grabbed him again, bridal style and ran across the bridge. I kneeled down and cut the supporting rope to the side I was on, the bridge then fell farther; hitting against the cliff and shaking the ground. "I don't expect that to hold his other demons, but it'll certainly stop Alois if he were to go alone. Whatever works..." I then ran farther down the path. Ciel's legs bounced up and down with every fast-paced step. He was very limp, but I knew he wasn't going to die so easily. Eventually that path lead to a small village, a village I did not remember. "Why don't I remember.. anything...? I've had to have been here before..." I said to myself, frustrated by my amnesia of anything before Alois.

"There! A person!" a villager pointed at Ciel and I. "Stay back..!" I huffed, out of breath. "What's going on? Who are you?" Another villager walked up to us. "I.. I just escaped a kidnapper... my.. fr.. iend got hurt terribly.. he needs tending to-!" It seemed the blood that dried over his leg cracked, leading to blood dripping off of his leg. "Margret! This boy needs tending to!" A lady came out, "A boy...?" She walked up to the two of us and looked him up and down. "Oh mighty! That's no ordinary boy; that's Ciel Phantomhive! And- who are you?" She looked at me in the eyes. "I'm a close family friend to him.. please, bring me something to aid his wounds..","Hmm.. I've never heard of you. But, please, let me tend to him." She reached for him but I pulled back. "I am in no state to give him off to some random villagers, let me do the aiding!" I glared at her in distrust, she glared back. "Where did he even receive these wounds from?" She looked him up and down once more. "The child said they were kidnapped!" A villager pitched in. "And why would we trust just a filthy old child's word? How do we know you didn't kill him?"

"Because.. because.." I looked at him in the face, "Because I care about him...! I will leave if I do not receive the proper items to aid him with, because I am better off looking somewhere else." I hugged him against my torso, I wasn't letting him go. "Fine, Lauretta, grab this young child some stitching essentials. And Mary I wish for you to grab some medicine, he looks rather pale." Two of the villagers nodded and ran into the house 'Margret' exited. I sat down on my legs and put him safely on the ground, I brushed his hair behind his ears as I waited for the proper items. "This has never happened before.. but it seems so... oh.. forget it." I sighed to myself as the two ladies ran out toward Ciel and I. I grabbed the needle and stitches, stitching carefully. I closed up some of his open wounds first. "Be careful. You're doing it incorrectly.." Margret scolded me. "I probably have more experience than you, lady. Please do not critique my years of experience in the medical field." I glared at her, then turned back to Ciel. I finished off the stitches and cleaned each of them once more. "May I receive some cloth, or bandages?" I looked at one of the ladies. She nodded and ran into the house. I looked down at Ciel, noticing something was off. 

It then caught my eye, I grabbed his hand. "Ciel.. your ring... they stole your.. ring..." I held his hand tight, I felt offended Alois would do such a scummy thing. "He's a terrible person, but even I wouldn't expect something like theft from Trancy.","Did you say Trancy?" I looked up at Margret, nodding. "That brat, Alois Trancy, always terrorises our village!" She gritted her teeth. "Yes! He burns down houses for fun; that crazy bitch!" A villager added. "He once dirtied our wells with mud, we didn't have clean water for months!" Another one added. "It seems he is nothing but a troublemaker everywhere he goes..." I rubbed my temples, the lady came out with bandages. "Thank you.." I thanked her and patched Ciel up, making sure his wounds weren't uncovered. "I'd also like to thank you too for helping me aid Phantomhive. I shall be on my way back to London now.","Already? Shouldn't you let him rest?" Margret sounded worried. I chuckled a small bit, "He's stronger than he looks. And to add; he's been resting for a while now. Now if that's it; I shall leave." I started leaving. "And who are you exactly?!" Margret stopped me. "Alex Hertlair." I continued walking.