Chapter 10, ,,Medicine''

**A/N: I changed and fixed some of the story here because I realised that I got some of Alois' backstory wrong here

~~

I turned to where Ciel was presumably. "Shh.. who knows up there...?" I whispered. We then heard footsteps coming down the ladder. I moved Ciel behind me, he was of utmost importance at that moment. "Ciel~ Ohhh Ciel~" It was Claude. I motioned for Ciel to move to under the desk but he shook his head. "No.. it's my turn to take a risk for once... all you've done is put yourself first." He whispered to me. I shook my head, "Just get, under, the, table... I have nothing to lose, Ciel.. You have everything to lose.. please." I whispered back. The steps came closer. "Oh Phantomhive ~ I know you're down here ~" He sang, his voice echoing. I started pushing Ciel down under the desk, he resisted. "Ciel.." I started, he grabbed my wrist. "If I'm going, you're coming with me.." He pulled me under the desk with him. "This.. is dumb.." I stated quietly, he put his finger over his lips as of to silently shoosh me. And at last; Claude's feet hit the ground. I was certain he'd find the both of us easily. If I were to be out in the open; I'd be able to distract Claude. But I ended up under the desk right with Ciel. Why did I have to let him control me? "Oh Ciel.. no need to hide! You can trust me, you know." Ciel tapped me on my shoulder and I turned around to face him.

Claude grabbed the lantern from off of the ground and lit it. The light flowed into the underneath of the desk and I was presented with a cubby hallway-like hole behind Ciel and I. I mouthed; "Do you think we can fit? It's sort of small." And he shook his head in response. He gave me a thumbs up and I decided to let Ciel enter first. Ciel was fully in and I entered shortly after. "Ah-hah!" I was startled by Claude grabbing my ankle. "You're just as good, Silversfield!" He tugged and I almost gave into his pull. The cubby was too small to turn around in so Ciel stuck his leg out to reach me. "Grab my leg..!" I grabbed it and Ciel was able to pull me out of Claude's grasp. I turned back as we crawled forward; I saw Claude reaching as far in as he could, but he was too large to enter. "What.. is this?" I asked, the Phantomhive Manor was never known to have any secret doors or passageways. "I couldn't have the foggiest clue.. oh, an exit.." He stopped and looked downward. "It's.. the outside?" He exited and I let go of his leg. The rustling of grass came from my front and Ciel exited the hole. He turned back to me and helped me out. We both stood up and he dusted off his trousers. 

I sighed, "This is mad. What could Alois even want with you?" Ciel shrugged, "I've never had any confrontations with that boy until recently. Even now; I have no clue why he's against me.","Maybe it's a power dynamic? You're certainly more powerful than him." I wondered. He sighed, "Maybe so. I just wish that he wouldn't inflict violence. He should be old enough to know that violence only leads to more violence." He folded his arms. "Where are we anyway?" I looked around. "It looks like.. well... I'm actually not sure." His arms dropped to his sides. "You think we're at the side of the manor?" He shook his head at my query. "I would be able to recognise my own mansion... and also to add that there is no mansion in sight." I looked around, he was correct. "Wait.. then where did we come from? Where did the hole go?" We both looked around more, we were standing in the middle of a wooded area. "We couldn't have travelled far, right?" I nodded to Ciel's observation. All of the sudden I got a large headache, one that pushed me to the ground. Ciel also experienced it.

"Wh- what is that?!" Ciel yelled. A ringing rang out throughout the sky. "I.. don't know..?!" He also fell. We both held our heads whilst bound to the ground in agony. "This... this sounds familiar?-..." I noticed the recognisation it rang to me, "I- I don't think I can take this.. any longer-!" Ciel fell onto the ground fully and curled up into a ball. I slowly crawled over to him. "Ciel- Ciel- This is Claude's work! I-... I remember- hearing this before... I was-" I was the interrupted by a gun shot. Then, it was followed by thick blood dripping down my nose. "Ag.. ain...?" I fell to the ground myself, looking to the side. Claude came from seemingly nowhere and the world around Ciel and I morphed into the side of Ciel's manor. "A.. hallucination spell... but.. how...?" I looked at Claude as he walked over to the two of us. He smiled, "Ah! Need not worry, Silversfield. Your questions shall be answered soon.. very soon.." He pointed a finger gun at me, "Bang." He said monotonously, I blacked out.

"Alois.. He's a troubled boy; but I'm sure I can fix him easily." A voice came from the darkness. Another voice arose; "Please.. I don't know what is wrong with him. After he returned, he's seemed to have changed.. You're the only person I know who can fix him." That one sounded familiar, Alois Trancy's father. The unfamiliar voice arose again: "I have a special medicine, this should help him return to normal. If not; I am afraid your son is beyond fixing." they said without emotion. "What is this? I've never heard of a medicine that fixes.. this type of issue." Trancy's father was worried, "Do you wish to have him return back to normal or not?","No, I do.." A clink of glass followed by the rustling of fabric filled the gap of silence. "2 drops a day. In about a fortnight; he should return to normal." The clicking of footsteps walked away from my hearing range. I felt a shift, as if the scene had changed. But yet; I still saw nothing but darkness. The sound of water dripping into water twice, followed by more footsteps arose. "Here's your water, son." Trancy's father spoke softly. A sip was taken from the sound of it, then, it was spit out. "What is this sewage?!" And of course, it was the one and only; Alois. 

"I apologise, but you must take this water." He insisted. The abrupt sound of glass shattering filled my ears. "Why, is it poisoned? Do you want me dead, father?" Alois yelled, he seemed to get up. A clap arose from the short silence. "Don't slap me!" Alois yelled, "I am afraid I don't even know who'm you are anymore!" Trancy's father exclaimed. "I hate you!" Alois yelled, seemingly storming out of the room. "I don't need you anyway." Alois said, a door slamming following that statement. Trancy's father sighed, "I don't know what to do with that boy." Another shift, this one larger than the rest. Once again; the sound of liquid dripping into another liquid filled the silence. Footsteps, again. "Father, I have your tea.~" Alois said, singy-songy. "Oh? Why thank you, Alois." He took a sip and the sound of a chair moving back and inward was followed shortly. "Maybe that medicine is actually working.." He said underneath his breath. "Medicine?" Alois questioned, his father did not reply. "Like.. this?" I assumed Alois showed his father the medicine, as it was shortly followed by a gasp. "Son- I-.." The sound of choking interrupted his fathers speech. "Hm.. weird. I may have put a little bit of that 'medicine' inside your tea. I assume that medicine is to only cure my living factor." A chair pushed back and the clicking of footsteps walked to the left.

"And now you're going to die. Is this what you planned after all? Just to kill me?" He chuckled whilst his father still was choking. Trancy's father groaned as if to speak, "Oh, no need to try speaking. I assume your throat is sealed shut by now!" He giggled with evil lining his laugh. "I honestly thought you'd have caught on by now. Your death.. it fascinates me, father. Or should I call you that?" He laughed, "I want this moment to last forever. Claude!" He clapped twice and a pair of footsteps, I assumed were Claude's, came over. Trancy's father went silent. "Clean this waste of space up, will you? I have no need for this man anymore." he laughed, "Now I'm the head of the Trancy Household! And everyone will know my name!" He yelled in excitement. The sound of a chair dragging across the floor dragged out in the background as Alois started humming. "I don't care for these ugly colours anymore. Ugh, gross. I've always wanted to change them to something better.. hmm.. but perhaps I will be able to now!" He giggled once again. "Oh goodness I am so giddy. I can now have whatever I want without a useless log getting in the way. Hm... that reminds me of one last wish... Claude!"