Chapter 11.5, No Means No

I stared out the window blankly. Was I really going to a wedding with Alois Trancy as his plus 1? I barely remembered getting to know him, let alone living with him. The things he called me, "Dear, darling" it reminded me of something a couple would say. But I did not remember ever agreeing to such terms. He blue eyes wandered around, looking at the trees we passed by. I sighed quietly, thinking to myself; "Why did Ciel seem so surprised? He acted like we hated each other or something. It's fairly improper to treat an old friend like that; let alone one you haven't seen in awhile.. I guess it's forever a question that remains unanswered." I let my hands brush against my lap whilst I enjoyed the silence. 

"Arnold Trancy will surely be pleased to see you two at his wedding. It's been a plentiful amount of days since the last time something like this has happened." Claude said, his voice flat. "Indeed. Y/N and him haven't even met yet, he only knows they exist due to letters and news." Alois added. "News? God, where did my memory go.. I can't remember anything before yesternight." The light pitter pattering of rain filled the gap of silence. "Oh what a pity, it seems it has started raining. Where did you say the wedding was being held?" Alois crossed his arms, turning to Claude. "In his garden in the back, I assume he'll move it to the indoors if this rain keeps up." Claude put his hand on Alois' shoulder and leaned in closely.

He whispered something I could not hear. Alois' arms dropped to his side, "Really?" He laughed, "Maybe that's why." He smiled and Claude repositioned himself upward. The carriage came to a graceful stop and Alois stretched. "Finally! I was starting to think this ride would last forever." He giggled quietly to himself. "Cla.. Sebastian. Do you have an umbrella? It'd be a shame to get these new outfits ruined by such a circumstance.." He turned to Claude who pulled out an umbrella. "I felt as if something like this would happen. I've come prepared, of course. I'm a Trancy Butler after all." Alois nodded without a word and stepped out, Claude opening the umbrella and sheltering him from the rain. I exited the carriage and Alois grabbed my hand, tightly. We all walked to the entrance of the large mansion. "Looks like those useless old notes were more useful for a money-grubbing pig like him." Alois said with resent backing his words. 

"But!" He turned to me as we stopped at the front door. He held our hands up with a smile, "I have you by my side this time! I couldn't possibly get bored with you around." Claude knocked and his smile quickly dropped, he turned to the door. The front-door opened slightly. "Invite." said a man who barely peeked his head through the crack. "It's Alois Trancy you swine." He crossed his arms. "I need an invite or you're not getting in, kid." The door closed. "Can't you recognise the head of the household!! Are you stupid!?" He yelled at the door, then turned to Claude. "Get us inside. That is not a question, Sebastian." Claude only nodded and handed the umbrella to Alois who'm tapped his foot impatiently. "I can't believe someone like that fool can be so dumb. I'm clearly the head of the household, how can he not see that?" He complained, then turning to me. "It feels like you're the only person around who is not a complete idiot sometimes. The only person I think that can stand a chance is.." Alois was cut off by Claude opening the door. 

"Took you long enough." He closed the umbrella and we both entered. The ballroom was filled with ladies and men, dressed in their best attire. Some waltzed, other chatted. It seemed more like a ball than a wedding. "I've got to give him some slack, for a useless mutt like him; he's certainly thrown a party." Alois walked us both to the ballroom. "Indeed.. it seems there's some of the best food and drinks around." I pointed out. "Oh.. I have to go take a piss, wait here." Alois let go of my hand and walked off. I stood awkwardly off to the side and enjoyed the music. The people danced with joy and love in their steps. "Y/N!!!" My alone time was quickly interrupted by a high-pitched voice that almost made my ears bleed. It was the one and only; Elizabeth. "Oh, hello Eli-" I was cut off by her hugging me so tight I lost my breath. "Oh goodness.. Elizabeth please let me go.. you're squeezing the air out of me-!" She let go, reluctantly. "Where have you been?! I heard you were dead and I was so sad!!" She frowned. "Dead?" I shook my head.