EP 54

Lan Xichen looked at his expression, shook his head and said: "Wangji, whenever I mention him, your eyesight changes."

Lan Wangji avoided this topic and asked, "Wei Ying, what did he say."

Lan Xichen said: "He asked how uncle would punish you, and I said he wouldn't hit you yet. He showed a relieved expression and said, it's okay, if he came to you, uncle would be even more angry."

Lan Wangji said: "En." The same as he thought.

Lan Xichen walked a few steps closer, stood in front of the tablet table with his hands on his back, staring at the incense stick that had just been lit in the copper cauldron on the table not long before, and asked, "Wangji, what did you say to uncle?"

Lan Wangji paused and told him the truth: "Those what I told to you in the letter."

Lan Xichen asked: "All?"

Lan Wangji said: "All."

Lan Xichen was silent.

For a moment, he turned his head, frowned slightly, and the smile on the corner of his mouth showed a little helplessness, and said: "You shouldn't have to come back right away, why didn't you listen to me? Uncle is not an unreasonable person, since I could help you for the past one year, there will always be a way afterwards. Because of the Mass Grave incident, the public opinion about Young Master Wei has obviously improved. If it takes some time..."

When Lan Xichen said this, he paused for a moment and paid attention to his young brother's reaction, but he did not see any regretful expression on his face.

Lan Wangji said: "It's different."

Lan Xichen said, "Although you come back, you will leave again. You can't stay in Yunshen with Young Master Wei forever."

Lan Wangji insisted, "I know. But it's different."

He calmly said: "What I said in the letter to you about the Lan clan, if I don't say it, will elder brother take the initiative to tell uncle?"

Lan Xichen was a little speechless, and said, "But your approach was too dramatic."

Lan Wangji shook his head and said, "I only tell the truth."

Lan Xichen said: "It may not be able to change even if you speak out."

Lan Wangji said: "If I don't speak, there is no chance to change forever."

Lan Xichen laughed and said, "Wangji, since you get along with Young Master Wei, you have learned to talkative."

Lan Wangji said: "...Wangji dare not be."

Lan Xichen said, "Forget it. Uncle taught us till we grow up. Naturally, he is a sensible person. As younger generation, it is enough for us to speak out. He has his own judgment."

Lan Wangji said: "...Hmm."

Lan Xichen looked at him and suddenly said, "In fact, Young Master Wei asked me a question just now. What question do you think?"

Lan Wangji slightly raised his head and asked, "What."

Lan Xichen smiled and said, "I think you shouldn't be able to guess it. He asked me, what does uncle like?"

Lan Wangji widened his eyes slightly.

Lan Qiren had not slept all night. His disciple Lan Wangji knelt in the ancestral hall all night, while he himself sat at the desk all night. His brows were furrowed and his eyes were solemn.

It wasn't until the clock of Mao (5:00-7:00) rang that he woke up from deep thought, arranged his appearance, and prepared to go outside. As soon as he opened the door, he was stunned.