Chapter 4

═══════ ೋღ 4️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

An hour prior, Ashanti was leaving the St. Ann's Bay Passport Office and powering on her phone. She'd been in the office for the past two hours, hating that phones weren't allowed in the office.

Feeling weighted by the heat, she walked past the police station then into the first supermarket she saw. Finding a bottle of 876 Water, she began drinking as she walked back to the cashier. She paid for it, left, then headed to the bus park. She promised her girlfriend that she'd visit whenever she got through with her business.

The thought made her pull her phone out and find their chat. Her eyes widened and her heartrate quickened at the sight of worrisome texts.

 Her eyes widened and her heartrate quickened at the sight of worrisome texts

Calling her number, Ashanti chewed her lip when it kept going to voicemail. Hopping into the nearest taxi, she urged the driver to drive as quickly as he could to the Cross' address.

As soon as the car stopped, she threw the money at the driver and ran out. Compared to the other times she'd sneak in via the back gate, Ashanti ran through the front gate and banged on the door.

Deidre answered a second later. She fixed Ashanti with a look of disgust. "Wha-"

Pushing past the woman, Ashanti rushed up the stairs. Bursting into Leilani's room, her heart stopped beating when she saw Leilani's body swinging on the ceiling fan.

Having rushed up the stairs to tell the 'bad influence likkle gyal' to leave her dwelling, Deidre went into shock upon seeing the sight before her.

Ashanti - who had rushed over and stood on the overturned chair - yelled at Deidre, "Come help mi!" She held Leilani's body, trying to prevent her neck from snapping and further cutting her oxygen supply.

Deidre snapped out of it, grabbed another chair and stood on it. Making quick work, she cut the tight cord and helped Ashanti bring her to the car.

While in the backseat, Ashanti tried her best to do CPR, tears streaming down her face as she watched her lifeless lover below her. While the car blazed through traffic, Ashanti held Leilani's unmoving body closer to hers and bawled at the older woman, "This a your fault! This a - a - your fault!"

═══════ ೋღ 🔥 ღೋ ═══════

Currently, Phiya and June were rushing through the halls of the hospital in search of the room the receptionist directed them to.

Upon reaching the hall, Kellon saw his mother crying and he rushed over to her, embracing her in a tight squeeze. "Wa happen?" he asked.

Still in a state of shock, Deidre kept quiet. In her mind, all she could see were the flashes of her daughter hanging on the ceiling. A sob escaped her throat, her chest felt tight and she found it incredibly hard to breathe.