Chapter 48

═══════ ೋღ 4️⃣8️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: October | Tuesday :::

The sun began its slow descent, painting the town of Ocho Rios with an orangish-red hue.

June was in her salon with Vanessa. They were tidying up when Adrian entered.

"Evening, ladies," he greeted.

"Mhm," June answered without looking at him.

Vanessa ran over to him to give him a tight hug and long kiss. "You're here early."

"Cya stay weh from yu too long, Mumma," he said and made her blush.

"Okay we soon can leave, let me just go use the restroom," she said and Adrian nodded.

Once Vanessa was out of ear-shot, June fixed Adrian with the meanest, most disgusted glare she could muster. "Yu still nuh tell her?"

"No. . ."

June shook her head in disappointment. She ignored his presence until Vanessa returned, and watched them with a solemn expression as they left. Poor Van.

Doing her final walk-through to ensure everything was in order, June nodded in content before grabbing her bag to leave.

She heard the jingle of the bell and her eyebrows pulled together. Why Adrian dem forget fi lock the door?

Dropping her bag and grabbing the nearest weapon she could find, June discreetly entered the main room of the salon, frowned when she saw Naomi.

"We're closed," June stated.

"I know," Naomi said, looking about in wonder. Like wa she do wid the place.

"Then you should leave," June said through gritted teeth.

"I want to talk to you actually."

June fought the urge to roll her eyes. "About?"

Naomi cleared her throat. "I want to apologize."

"For?" she played along.

"For. . . having you drugged and fi play the video in front a large crowd of people."

Laughter bubbled from the pit of June's stomach, her grip on the broomstick tightened as she tried to maintain her footing. Naomi watched her, visibly confused.

"Yu funny ino, girl," June wiped away the tears in her eyes.

"Yu ungrateful, June," Naomi spat and crossed her arms. "Yufi lucky me even a tell yu nun afta how yu tek mi man and-"

"Gyal, shut up," June snapped, joy gone and now replaced with a ferocious anger. "Yu think yu likkle half-assed apology can mek up fi how yu embarrass me? I've been nothing but nice to you since we met-"

"Have you, June?" Naomi countered.

June hissed her teeth. "Come outta mi place if yu know wa good fi yu, yere?"