Chapter 15

═══════ ೋღ 1️⃣5️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: May | Saturday :::

Leaving another court hearing versus the Beckham's, June felt confident about Greg's promise that she'd be getting full custody of her son plus reparations. . .

Earlier, Odane shocked the court by pleading insanity.

Now, the court would take time to do a mental assessment on the man before reassessing the case. Meanwhile, the jury decided to delay the verdict on who would attain full custody of the six-year-old boy.

In addition to that, both Heidi and Lola were expected to lose their licenses and be charged with obstruction of justice along with other criminal counts. The sisters had several of their assets stripped away. Out of pity, Rupert decided to temporarily house the women in his home.

Though it was unfortunate that the ladies were placed in such a predicament, June couldn't find an ounce of pity to spare them.

None of them had pitied her.

Smiling into the tight hug Greg was giving her, June sent praises to God for this man. He was truly a force to be reckoned with.

"Mr. Greg, please mek mi pay yu," she said.

"June, no," the man declined again. "Consider it a favor. However. . ."

June pulled away to look up at the man. He had a red spot in the middle of his forehead from a mosquito bite.

"However what?"

Greg motioned behind June with his eyes. June looked at where he was motioning to. It was Kellon, stood a distance with his phone to his ear.

"Give my son another chance, June," the man asked. "I'm not sure what occurred between you two but you both are clearly miserable without the next. It's an eyesore."

June sighed. "I am but I can't find myself to see him like I used to. . ."

Greg went quiet in thought. "Miss Michaels, you had the heart to forgive Zachary's father and allow him access to your son despite his drug use-"

"I didn't have a choice," June countered.

"You do now," he said. He laid a hand atop her shoulder and gave her a fatherly smile. "My son might not always go about things the right way, but Kellon does mean well. Go speak to him, I'll consider that my payment."

June sighed. "Okay," she grudgingly responded.

She watched as her lawyer walked away. Now, she was left in the passage with only Kellon. She brushed back her hair and straightened her skirt. Holding her head high, she strolled over to the man who gave her a small smile when she stopped before him. It took everything in her not to look away from him.

"You won," he stated.

"Not yet," she replied.

"We already know the outcome though," he bent an elbow, offering an olive branch.

June bit her lip before she stepped into the man's hold. She wrapped her arms around his waist and felt him wrap both arms around her.