Chapter 29

═══════ ೋღ 2️⃣9️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: July | Monday :::

Carefully placing a bouquet of lilies on the grave before her, Naomi sighed then stood to her feet. She wiped away her tears before they could fall. She missed her friend dearly, especially on a day like today. Today was Carla's death anniversary.

She heard the crunching of gravel and turned around. Her eyes widened when she saw who it was.

The man glared and increased his pace until he stood before the grave. Grip tightening around the bundle of flowers in his own hand, he said, "You shouldn't be here."

"I know," she could barely find her voice to say. "I just-"

He glared and Naomi went quiet for a brief moment.

"I'm sorry for your lost," she said as convincingly as she could. "I loved her like a sister."

"She wasn't your sister. She was mine," he turned away and laid the flowers atop the grave. After all years, his younger sister's death was still not easy to handle.

"I'm sorry," she said again. "Phiya is sorry too-"

"Yu can stop lie fi him," he said and she went quiet. He set his icy glare on her again, just now realizing Naomi was pregnant. "Is that baby his?"

"No."

He scoffed. "My sister lost her life for-" he paused to menacingly laugh. "Yu know, seeing you right now just anger me, Naomi."

"Wa yu mean?"

"Unu money neva enough fi mi keep quiet ino. Trust and believe seh afta all dis time mi still ago ensure seh unu and everybody unu hold dear suffer the same fate like my sister."

"You're bluffing," she accused. "Yu never have it ina yu back then and you don't now."

Terrel smirked. With a final look at Carla's grave, he turned and left a thinking Naomi behind him.

═══════ ೋღ 🔥 ღೋ ═══════

Meanwhile at Kellon's house, Adrian was on a jealous rant.

"So mi tell ar fi tek off tha shorts deh, mi nuh like how man a pree ar and she a come talk boh a you seh wi nuh deh."

"Mhm."

"So mi kiss mi teeth and tell ar seh a dat we a work pon, hear ar nuh telling mi fi tek off mi clothes ano you a try deh wid mi, dat a you a try rule mi."

"Mhm."

"So mi seh ah Van, wa mi fi do fi yu tek off tha shorts deh wid e wul a yu ass outta door. Hear ar nuh, when yu start apply enough pressure mi will start consider listening to yu opinion pon wa mi wear," he paused to hiss his teeth. "See why mi nuh badda wid personal woman and just fuck and go mi ways, dawg. Me cya tek stress a rass and since me a try lock down Van every tick a the clock a she dat a rass stress me."

Kellon laughed at the latter part of his friend's statement.

Adrian hissed his teeth and looked away from him. "You a the next fuckry too. Me ago lowe out Van, I swear. Ar pussy cya so good fimi mek she a mek mi grey before time."