Chapter 35

═══════ ೋღ 3️⃣5️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

On her drive to Zeke's house, Naomi was hit with flashbacks from a few years ago. . .

[flashback. . .]

Naomi called Phiya's phone again. She'd been calling him all day and he kept declining her calls or letting it go to voicemail.

"Tha bwoy ya know seh mi head mad ino!"

"Phiya still naa answer yu calls?" Carla asked.

"No," Naomi replied and hissed her teeth. She called him again and angrily hung up when it went to voicemail. "A must some loose hole gyal him unda. Yu see why me and Phiya cya gree, Carla?"

Carla nodded.

"Mi ratid! Mi just a memba seh mi have him location," Naomi evilly grinned before opening the Find My app on her iPhone. She waited until Carla's slow Wi-Fi loaded Kellon's location. "A weh dis?" she asked herself before getting to her feet. "Carla, mi soon come-"

"But Terrel on him way."

"I know," Naomi replied as she stepped into her sneakers. "Me ago watch the movie wid unu, mi promise. Just buy my ticket for me and I'll give unu back the money."

"Okay," Carla answered as she walked Naomi to the door. "Drive safe, Naomi."

"Thanks, mi luv," Naomi said before practically running to her vehicle.

Drive safe? she hissed her teeth. Mi ago drive like eedyat cause me afi ketch tha dutty bwoy deh ina the act today!

When Naomi reached the location, she parked a distance away. She saw Phiya's car parked outside and decided to call him one more time, just to see if he could lie himself out of the situation. She laughed to herself when the call was declined once again.

"Arite, dirty Phiya," she said to herself while speed-walking up to the house with a bat in her hand. "Since yaa wicked, mek mi show yu who a Satan."

She climbed up the staircase, was just about to bang on the door and demand Phiya to come out with his bitch, when she was halted by loud gunshots.

Having been grown in this life, Naomi was not easily phased. However, even she knew she was not invincible. Naomi ran off the veranda, laid low between the large patch of flowers.

Another shot could be heard and Naomi covered her ears.

A ina the house that?

Shit. A gungyal Phiya a gi mi bun wid?

Watch how me ago mek mi father-

From her hiding spot, Naomi's head snapped up when footsteps could be heard hasting off the veranda. Her mouth dropped when she saw her boyfriend and the two idiots whom she was never greatly fond of - Bailey and Zeke.

When Zeke come outta prison? What Phiya even a do wid him?

She couldn't see them anymore when they went onto the street. She stayed unmoving until the sound of their vehicles disappeared into the distance.

Naomi stood to her feet and dusted off the small specks of dirt off her skinny jeans.

She was about to run away, she couldn't be caught dead at a house where shots were being fired. However, she was halted. . . something was amiss. Wa really just happen?

Her curiosity got the best of her. Kicking off her shoes, Naomi walked on her toes into the house. A scream ripped from her throat when she saw one of her old friends laid bleeding on the floor.