Chapter 20

═══════ ೋღ 2️⃣0️⃣ ღೋ ═══════

::: June | Sunday :::

Last Friday, June and Kellon had a spur of the moment decision to have a roadtrip to Florida. Since then, they'd been chilling in Miami.

Today was a special day for two reasons: one, it would be the first time June met Tasha's husband. And last but definitely not least, they'd be finding out the gender of their baby! Once again, Kellon proved to be more excited than June.

Sitting miserable across from June, he grumbled, "Nuh know why we cudn do dis afta the appointment."

"Because it's just a short stop on the way and the appointment isn't until twelve. Yu too miserable ino."

Kellon hissed his teeth and cut the car's engine. "Hurry up and fawud yaa man."

June rolled her eyes and exited the vehicle. If the car was his, she would have slammed the door.

The Miami heat hit her, causing her to wipe her forehead. "And me deh ya think Jamaica hot," she complained to herself.

June looked about the boardwalk she was on. She could hear the squawks of seagulls and the waves crashing against the shore. The nearby stretch of shops was bustling with tourists and locals.

Nearby, she saw a tall white man who was shirtless, in a beach shorts, sandals and a straw hat. The man was talking to an Asian woman who was giggling and twirling strands of her black hair around her index. June would have ignored the sight if it wasn't for something that captured her attention whole - the man had an eagle tattoo on his back. Tasha's husband had this very same tattoo.

"A wa wrong wid dem dutty man ya and being loyal?" she hissed. Practically storming over to them, June stood with her arms crossed. "Logan."

The Asian woman appeared intimated by June, she quickly rushed off.

Logan turned to June, sheepish. "And you are, beautiful?"

June gagged. "One, ew. Two, I'm your wife's friend."

"Fu-" the man removed his glasses and looked down at the woman. "June?"

"Mhm," she gave him a look of distaste.

To how dem man ya big and sickening, might as well me go buy waa Rose and call it a lifetime.

"That wasn't what it looked like," he quickly said. "Please don't tell Tash."

June glared at him. "Can I get whatever it is that you want me to bring down for your son?"

"Yea, sure," he went in his pocket and brought out a tube of cream.

June looked at it with a raised brow.

"Devontae gets really bad rashes," Logan explained. "Tash couldn't get his prescription filled in Jamaica."

"Oh. . . bye, Logan," she rudely turned away, ignoring all else he had to say. She went back in the car.

"That was quick," said Kellon as he started the car.

She didn't grace him with a response. Unfaithful men were starting to become a nuisance in her life. She pulled out her phone and called Tasha twice, giving up when the call went unanswered. She made a mental note to call her friend later.

Driving off, Kellon placed a hand on June's thigh.

She shrugged his hand off. "Kellon, the place too hot," she adjusted the air.

"Ah," he tossed her his phone. "Pull up the location of the place again, waa mek sure me a go the right place."

"Okay-" she paused when she saw a picture of her and him on his home screen. It was a picture from the time they went to Sandal's overwater bungalows. It made her smile. Things were more simple back then. "I love this picture," she said as she opened Maps.